SOLD 97 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaTJ

Price
$5000
Been debating selling her for two years now and have finally decided she needs to go to someone who will use her and enjoy her! 97 TJ Sport, 4.0L six, 5 speed manual trans, 218,980 miles. Most of the following was done two years ago and roughly 200 miles ago! Rebuilt both differentials, Dana 35 rear, Dana 30 front with 3.73 gear sets and new carriers and spider gears, all new bearings and seals. Rebuilt rear driveshaft, Rusty's lift kit with 3" coils, shocks, front sway bar disconnects, new heater core, new Bestop top with tinted windows and upper door skins, new Bestop seat covers, CB Radio and antenna, Olympus rear bumper with receiver, Quadretec front bumper with D rings, Smittybilt X20 10k winch with synthetic line, American Racing aluminum wheels with BFGoodrich AT's in 33x12.50x15, new brakes meaning pads, shoes, rotors, drums, all hardware, and one new flex brake line, new wheel cylinders and calipers. Custom exhaust with stainless muffler (can't remember the brand). Under the softtop is a new full length sunshade. The engine got a new waterpump, thermostat, and radiator.
New halogen headlight kit from Quadretec. I may remember other stuff later on. The body is in good shape with only a few dings, but no rust. Frame is the best I have seen in quite awhile which is why I undertook this project! Windshield is unbroken! $5,000 firm. Contact me through this website. Greg

97tjmossgreenpreal (2).JPG

20160807_195041 (2).jpg

20160807_195053 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, it hasn't been forsale for long now. It's not as built as my black '98, but still fun to drive. I just hate that it sits there waiting on me! It gets run and moved twice a week cause it blocks my bass boat that's in the garage! Rear seat is removed and in the garage, A/C works great and is cold, has a Sony CD am/fm deck in the dash, has led interior mood lighting, 48" high-lift jack, extra mirrors for the sides so you don't have to un-bolt and transfer, storage box in the back with winch control, tree saver, snatch-'em strap, extra D ring, HD electric air pump for re-inflating tires, Staun air deflators, jack kit and some other stuff. Everything works! Hope someone takes an interest and gobbles this one up!

Last edited:
Do you have any interior pictures? Any issues that you're aware of? Can you provide contact info? I don't seem to have the ability to message you. Thank you.

Do you have any interior pictures? Any issues that you're aware of? Can you provide contact info? I don't seem to have the ability to message you. Thank you.
You don't have enough post to PM. @Chris might be able to help you out.

Reactions: Chris

I turned on PMs for you.

The two remotes on the console are for the Sony am/fm/cd and the interior led mood lighting. Switch on the console is for the windshield mounted lights and the under-dash switch is for the interior lights (quick disable for the door switches).
Greg

Contact info: if allowed, [email protected], 703-675-6836
Issues: clutch was replaced about three years ago by previous owner. Can't tell me if they resurfaced the flywheel or not, but any who, there is some clutch chatter when hot. AC takes one can R134a every spring. Engine runs good, but does sound like a 4.0L on start-up. No knocking, no check engine light issues, passes Va. emissions testing and Va. inspection!
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.