97 TJ 2.5L: Is there a difference in heater cores for A/C and no A/C models?

JeepLS1_27

So I've flushed and replaced all hoses and my radiator, but my heat still isn't where it use to be so i'm planning on replacing the heater core. Anyways, I saw where the OEM on rockauto has A/C heater cores and Non A/C heater cores. The OEM Non-A/C is out of stock and no longer made and the depths appears to be slightly different from one with A/C. So, my question is there a difference in the heater core with A/C and without A/C? I want to wrap this whole thing up this weekend just don't want to order the wrong thing.

Bonus question.
My RPM and MPH gauge go crazy going down the road and my airbag light comes on all randomly and sometimes independent of each other. I've read that this could either be the clock spring or cluster connector, thoughts?

Oh man, I don't think you're going to get many people who know the answer to this one, as it would suggest someone has tried both and measured them.

I guess we'll see if someone might know, but I wouldn't count on it. You might have to be the test mule on this one!

As for your other issue, it could be either, but I would start by taking the cluster out and cleaning the connections first.

Oh man, I don't think you're going to get many people who know the answer to this one, as it would suggest someone has tried both and measured them.

I guess we'll see if someone might know, but I wouldn't count on it. You might have to be the test mule on this one!

As for your other issue, it could be either, but I would start by taking the cluster out and cleaning the connections first.

I agree it is a niche question and I haven't seen any where the complaint about this issue, but I noticed the depths of the tanks are about 1/4'' difference, although the tubing appears to be the exact same. Just didn't want to be surprised because when I changed the heater core hoses my OEM mopar inlet hose was 11/16' heater hose, but no part store even had that on file so I had to use a 3/4 and a hose clamp so it had me worried.

But again I haven't seen anywhere saying it wouldn't fit and it brings up the same one each time.

Reactions: Chris
I agree it is a niche question and I haven't seen any where the complaint about this issue, but I noticed the depths of the tanks are about 1/4'' difference, although the tubing appears to be the exact same. Just didn't want to be surprised because when I changed the heater core hoses my OEM mopar inlet hose was 11/16' heater hose, but no part store even had that on file so I had to use a 3/4 and a hose clamp so it had me worried.

But again I haven't seen anywhere saying it wouldn't fit and it brings up the same one each time.

My gut tells me it would fit. Of course I could be wrong, but if it's cheap enough, it might be worth trying.