97 TJ Build Thread: From 'I'm Keeping it Stock' to a 5.9 Magnum swap

The 5.2 is more than enough to have fun with. There are tons of little mods you can do to give a few more ponies.
Yup. And it's gonna be a fun build too. Got a near rust free frame, a rust free tub, 231J TC, axles and free lift kit. As soon as I move into the new house the build will start.
Not too big on the 46re that comes with the 5.2 though... but not sure about other easy, cheap options. Probably cheaper to just to rebuild it

Reactions: Wildman
Yup. And it's gonna be a fun build too. Got a near rust free frame, a rust free tub, 231J TC, axles and free lift kit. As soon as I move into the new house the build will start.
Not too big on the 46re that comes with the 5.2 though... but not sure about other easy, cheap options. Probably cheaper to just to rebuild it

You can run a 44RE behind the 5.2 if you want but it was considered a light duty transmission and was used in the Dakota behind the 5.2.
You can get either built up to handle a little extra power just depends on what you want. Also note that depending on if you get the engine and transmission from a Jeep the starter will be on the passenger side where as if it's from a Dodge the starter will be on the drivers side.

MSaine Performance @ [email protected] or 951-907-0434 is well known in the Dodge world for build great transmissions that can handle what you want to put into them. I had him build me my 46RE but but at the time he'd also said he could have done a 44RE if I'd wanted.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ