97 TJ with a manual heart of a 5.9L Magnum

If interested, I have a Snap-On MT2500 (aka the "red brick") that is capable of setting fuel-sync on OBD-II Dodge JTEC computers up to 2002 and also a SCT Tuner (that you can use with any number of tuners). I was about to list them for sale on eBay but was thinking of waiting until after the holidays (I will be out of town and don't want it to sell the day I head out on vacation).

If interested, let me know and shoot me a PM. I got both on the cheap and will always pass deals along to others, especially Magnum swapped Jeepers :)

Fuel level gauge is working along with battery charge. The speedo was not working. Ill have to recheck the oil gauges
Do you have a PN or vehicle your radiator hoses came from?
I used these 2 hoses for the bottom radiator
Do you have a PN or vehicle your radiator hoses came from?
See attached pic for lower hose setup. Another Jeeper said it fit perfectly with a 1.5" to 1.5" adapter. Mine is setup without an adapter. One end fit into the other snugly. The upper hose is a Dayco C71659.

Screenshot_20211213-074320_Amazon Shopping~2.jpg

I bought a MT2500 at @Wildman s recommendation. I haven't messed around with fuel sync yet because engine needs to be running and this thing is too loud to keep running and try diagnostic work. Is it fairly easy to set fuel sync on this mt2500? Is there a video that walks you through it? What is the recommended sync?
If interested, I have a Snap-On MT2500 (aka the "red brick") that is capable of setting fuel-sync on OBD-II Dodge JTEC computers up to 2002 and also a SCT Tuner (that you can use with any number of tuners). I was about to list them for sale on eBay but was thinking of waiting until after the holidays (I will be out of town and don't want it to sell the day I head out on vacation).

If interested, let me know and shoot me a PM. I got both on the cheap and will always pass deals along to others, especially Magnum swapped Jeepers :)

I bought a MT2500 at @Wildman s recommendation. I haven't messed around with fuel sync yet because engine needs to be running and this thing is too loud to keep running and try diagnostic work. Is it fairly easy to set fuel sync on this mt2500? Is there a video that walks you through it? What is the recommended sync?

You set your fuel sync by turning the distributor. Timing is set by the PCM so unless you have a tune that changes it it's factory.

So how would you go about testing the 5 volt circuit? I'm guessing testing continuity from the PDC to ECM first?

Start by checking your voltage at each or your sensors. Also check all your grounds because if it is missing any it will cause all sorts of issues.

Also tons of info and suggestions on this thread over on JF.

https://tinyurl.com/38795wcc

I have had my 1997 2.5L Wrangler for about 17 years. I bought a Tacoma about a year ago and was originally going to pass the TJ along to a relative. Instead I decided that I should upgrade my engine to get more power and use it as a weekend warrior for my wife and I to cruise around and have fun in. I did a lot of research about the swap before I began. I originally considered doing an LS swap because it seemed popular but quickly realized (after seeing the estimate from Novak) that I should try a more economical route. This led me to look at the Magnum engines. I discovered that these engines had the POTENTIAL to be much easier and less costly so I dug right in. I prepped my garage and made note of my space. Don't underestimate this step. I hate tripping over stuff because I ran out of room.

View attachment 284594
You’re leading by great xample !!!!😱☺️

I put on 35" Cooper STT Pro tires and went with classic chrome bullet hole wheels. I still want to flash the PCM because it came out of a 5.2L manual and my Jeep is now a 5.9L manual. I've heard that the 5.2 PCM is fine to run with the 5.9L but I still would like it matching up. Anyone have a recommendation on who would be good to flash the PCM? I'm also just starting to look at seat options but I don't want to spend $800+.

20211211_192955.jpg

20220721_200916.jpg

Flyin Ryan Performance. Best tuner out there. Hemifever would be my next choice.

Reactions: pc1p
Flyin Ryan Performance. Best tuner out there. Hemifever would be my next choice.

I'll second Flyin Ryan. He tuned my 5.2 ECU to my 5.9 engine and I had a great experience. He's a busy guy, so do be patient with him.

I'm also just starting to look at seat options but I don't want to spend $800+.

I had a similar debate with my seats. My factory buckets were comfy and in good shape, but the vinyl was terrible in the summer and a seat cover wasn't going to fix that. I started looking at a factory replacement but found that the cost per seat really wasn't that much less than a real off road suspension seat. I ended up deciding on Mastercraft Baja RS seats and have been pleased with them. They're a big investment, but that seat is where you spend all your time in the Jeep and it needs to be right. Don't get hung up on any specific brand of seat - find options you like a find a way to actually sit in them. The best seat on the market does you no good if they don't 'fit' you.