'98 Sahara build: "Staying the Course"

About three months ago, I wanted to get an SSSYE from JB Conversions. Out of stock. Might be deep into next year before they have any more. They'll put me on the list. (sigh) So, I call Adams (Adams Driveshaft and Off Road) to order an Advanced Adapters SYE kit. Ummm...good luck with that. Supply chain issues. They're being told "by the end of the month" for months, on end. :rolleyes: So, I give up searching for a while. However, last Saturday, I got to wondering if maybe Summit Racing just might possibly carry Advanced Adapters. Looked into it, and they claimed to have over 10 in stock. I was skeptical, but I ordered one.

Well I'll be...it showed up on Wednesday! As in, four days later! Was only $10 more than other places, which isn't bad, considering. Don't know if I ever mentioned that I also bought a UCF 3/8" Ultra High-Clearance T-case skid, as well as a full set of Metal Cloak control arms (double adjustable uppers). Those were ordered before I decided to curb the spending, due to job concerns.

Anyways, I know some will be hating on the MC parts, but that's fine. My rig, my money, my problem. And yes, I wanted the SSSYE, but hell, they could be out of business if all this political crap keeps interfering with the economy. The Advanced Adapters SYE will suit me just fine. Also, as I really want to stay with 31" tires, but need a body lift for clearance with the tummy tuck, I decided that rather than use the OME 2" lift springs, I'd use the H&R 1" lift springs. With the 1" SL, and the 1" BL, my 31" tires will still look right. A 2" SL combined with the 1" BL would likely make the 31" tires look undersized. Want to avoid that. So, I bought the H&R springs.

Not much else to add. Been working on the wife's XJ, getting it back on the road. New front suspension and steering components (had developed the dreaded Death Wobble), as well as new tires and brake system. Lotsa coin. Lotsa time. Worth it, though. Drives great, once again.

Take care, all.

I can't wait for the day you actually take some time for yourself and get that TJ on the road! You sir, are a good father, husband, and steward to the Jeep community... I wish you were closer... I'd wrench on it for ya!
There are many on here who would agree with 'everything' you said.

New position going ok?
I just finished a 60-hour work week.
75098937.jpg

But yeah, it's going really well. The plant manager seems to be really pleased with the job I'm doing. The crew has adapted well to my style of running things, and I've had a number of people from the office tell me that I'm so much easier to work with than my predecessor. All in all, not a bad start. (y)

Last edited:
You guys are great. Only actually got the chance to meet a few, but consider you all friends. Thanks for all the support you've offered me through the years. I appreciate each and every one of ya. (y)

Now like everyone tells me "Get Working On Your TJ" ........

I'm worried that by the time I finally get my TJ running the cost of gas will be so much that I can't afford to drive ti.

Now like everyone tells me "Get Working On Your TJ" ........

I'm worried that by the time I finally get my TJ running the cost of gas will be so much that I can't afford to drive ti.
Yeah, we'll have to save up for it the way folks used to save up for a vacation. :rolleyes:

Well, I'm guessing I'll have more time (potentially) to work on it, as I will have one less family vehicle to contend with. Tomorrow, my youngest son is off to Georgia. He joined the Army two weeks ago, and will be giving his car to a friend. I'm going to miss him (but not his Hyundai), but I know this is something that he has wanted to do for a few years, now, and it just all finally came together. I'm proud of him.

Last edited:
About three months ago, I wanted to get an SSSYE from JB Conversions. Out of stock. Might be deep into next year before they have any more. They'll put me on the list. (sigh) So, I call Adams (Adams Driveshaft and Off Road) to order an Advanced Adapters SYE kit. Ummm...good luck with that. Supply chain issues. They're being told "by the end of the month" for months, on end. :rolleyes: So, I give up searching for a while. However, last Saturday, I got to wondering if maybe Summit Racing just might possibly carry Advanced Adapters. Looked into it, and they claimed to have over 10 in stock. I was skeptical, but I ordered one.

Well I'll be...it showed up on Wednesday! As in, four days later! Was only $10 more than other places, which isn't bad, considering. Don't know if I ever mentioned that I also bought a UCF 3/8" Ultra High-Clearance T-case skid, as well as a full set of Metal Cloak control arms (double adjustable uppers). Those were ordered before I decided to curb the spending, due to job concerns.

Anyways, I know some will be hating on the MC parts, but that's fine. My rig, my money, my problem. And yes, I wanted the SSSYE, but hell, they could be out of business if all this political crap keeps interfering with the economy. The Advanced Adapters SYE will suit me just fine. Also, as I really want to stay with 31" tires, but need a body lift for clearance with the tummy tuck, I decided that rather than use the OME 2" lift springs, I'd use the H&R 1" lift springs. With the 1" SL, and the 1" BL, my 31" tires will still look right. A 2" SL combined with the 1" BL would likely make the 31" tires look undersized. Want to avoid that. So, I bought the H&R springs.

Not much else to add. Been working on the wife's XJ, getting it back on the road. New front suspension and steering components (had developed the dreaded Death Wobble), as well as new tires and brake system. Lotsa coin. Lotsa time. Worth it, though. Drives great, once again.

Take care, all.
I put my Advance adaptors SYE in years ago, but I used Tom Woods driveline. I haven't had any issues whatsoever with the Advance adaptors. I also find that Summit Racing stocks a lot of 4x4 parts. I use them from time to time. They have a decent return policy if you have any problems.