'98 Sahara build: "Staying the Course"

Yeah, they're nowhere near as common as the many-door version. :) I see some older ones pop up for sale now and then. In fact, there are two on Craigslist now. Hers is a '96, however...the first year for some engine improvements. The wife just loves her rig. When these tires finally wear out, I'll put new tires on her Canyons, and put those back on.
I don't think we get the 2 door out here

We didn't get the 2 door XJ either, I like it but I would rather the 4 door as a daily driver, just for convenience. I'm actually planning on getting one pretty soon.
Ah yes but with no wife/girlfriend and my two girls 2 doors would work for me, plus its different which I like.
Still has plenty of room in the back for tools and 'stuff' though.

Well I don't blame you, I took the rear seat out of my TJ because I never had more than me and one other in the Jeep at once anyway.
I'll be pulling the rear seat out of mine, and laying down wood strips like the old Chevy pickups had (vintage Jeeps had 'em, too). It'll be one style, or the other...

Well, poop. The establishment I ordered the black 130W KC Daylighters from says their supplier is out of stock. I asked him to check on the stainless ones, then. If the supplier has those, then I'll go that route. They're only $20 more for the stainless ones, assuming they have them.

Man, I thought something was going on here. I guess @Kiwi TJ photo of Michael Squatch is something! :LOL:

Don’t forget I’m coming up there! Might be divine intervention.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Squatch
Man, I thought something was going on here. I guess @Kiwi TJ photo of Michael Squatch is something! :LOL:

Don’t forget I’m coming up there! Might be divine intervention.
Yes do it !!!...he needs a gentle nudge to get the ball rolling.

Reactions: JMT
Well, poop. The establishment I ordered the black 130W KC Daylighters from says their supplier is out of stock. I asked him to check on the stainless ones, then. If the supplier has those, then I'll go that route. They're only $20 more for the stainless ones, assuming they have them.
So how long is the backorder might be worth the wait? If not, I would ask them to wave the 20 bucks since you wanted the black ones that were advertised, and they bait and switched you?

So how long is the backorder might be worth the wait? If not, I would ask them to wave the 20 bucks since you wanted the black ones that were advertised, and they bait and switched you?
He actually said that they "no longer carry that product line". I missed that part. So I took the refund, and ordered the last set I could find, via a seller on Amazon. Seriously...I couldn't find another set of 'em, and I was on the computer until 5:00am, searching. The spot beams can still be found, but the spread beams are virtually extinct, it would appear.

I don't need to "get the ball rolling", I need to "get my ass in gear"!!! ;)
Well yes there is that approach...haha.
Would be great if we all came over and lent a hand.(not to finish the project for you, we would never take all the fun out of it for you ) but to at least get the 'Retro TJ' on the road my friend, your missing out.

Well yes there is that approach...haha.
Would be great if we all came over and lent a hand.(not to finish the project for you, we would never take all the fun out of it for you ) but to at least get the 'Retro TJ' on the road my friend, your missing out.
I'll get to it, Kiwi. And truth be told, I've never been one to work with someone else on my cars. It's always been kind of an issue with me, for some reason. Not sure if it's a trust issue (my Dad taught me to never have someone else do what you are capable of doing yourself), or if it's because I just enjoy the solitude of working alone on a vehicle. Maybe it's a little of both. But I assure you, the "Retro TJ" (I kinda like that) will see completion!

Reactions: ac_ and Kiwi TJ
I'll get to it, Kiwi. And truth be told, I've never been one to work with someone else on my cars. It's always been kind of an issue with me, for some reason. Not sure if it's a trust issue (my Dad taught me to never have someone else do what you are capable of doing yourself), or if it's because I just enjoy the solitude of working alone on a vehicle. Maybe it's a little of both. But I assure you, the "Retro TJ" (I kinda like that) will see completion!
I getcha buddy....we may have to go down a different motivational road then haha

Reactions: Squatch