'98 Sahara build: "Staying the Course"

I love green Jeeps. They should have only made them that color. We finally get to see what the Dirtworx bumper(s?) are going on...

300 cars? Really? No wonder you're not afraid to buy a $750 Jeep...I see a few puddles whose sources need to be addressed.

We'll be watching. And helping you buy stuff. It's the WTJF law.

Reactions: Squatch
I love green Jeeps. They should have only made them that color. We finally get to see what the Dirtworx bumper(s?) are going on...

300 cars? Really? No wonder you're not afraid to buy a $750 Jeep...I see a few puddles whose sources need to be addressed.

We'll be watching. And helping you buy stuff. It's the WTJF law.
No exaggeration on the number of cars. One year, while trying to explain to my wife that I didn't have a problem, I counted out 34 vehicles that I had purchased in a 12 month period. It made it hard for me to argue my case, at that point... :rolleyes:

Thanks, my friend. Still acquiring parts. I'm fighting the urge to get the new rims right now. It's easier to stack five new tires in the garage than it is tires and rims! But part of me can't wait, because I haven't seen another TJ on this forum with the wheels I'm going with. In fact, I only found two online that are running 'em. Some will appreciate it, and others won't, but it will be uniquely mine, that's for sure. I'm feeling like a kid at Christmas!

Pandas?

No exaggeration on the number of cars. One year, while trying to explain to my wife that I didn't have a problem, I counted out 34 vehicles that I had purchased in a 12 month period. It made it hard for me to argue my case, at that point... :rolleyes:

Then you sir, shouldn't have any issue whatsoever with part purchases. Just think if you hold onto the TJ for one whole year, you've saved a fortune :) (well that would be my argument)

I am now discovering what a $750 Jeep really costs... :meparto:

Look at it this way, if you put 5000 into it you are still under 6k for a Sahara. A good deal by anyone's standard.

I can’t wait to see what wheels you’re getting. I was pretty happy with the American racing wheels I scored. Being the opposite of you, a vehicle newbie, I cleaned the rust on the chrome with what I thought was a miracle blend of water and vinegar and can’t remember what else. Now that winter has hit, they have rusted really bad! @Dave K. tells me NOW, well yeah they are gonna rust. So, Now I’m looking at other options to replace them. I hope you get them soon and share :)

I am now discovering what a $750 Jeep really costs... :meparto:

Look at it this way, if you put 5000 into it you are still under 6k for a Sahara. A good deal by anyone's standard.
When I tally up the costs of what I have and where I anticipate going, I can see myself easily being in the thing between the $8-10,000 range (that includes the price of the vehicle). I've had a few guys at work comment along the lines of "Couldn't you just buy one for that kind of money?" Well, of course I could, but then I still would end up doing a lot of the stuff I'm doing now, and therefore be into it even more money when all is said and done. I think I'm doin' alright going this route. It'll be full of new parts, looking like I want it to look, and be fully paid for. About the only thing that is a negative that I can come up with is in the diminished profit margin if I ever decided to sell. I could've repaired its issues on the cheap (like a $150 Dana 35 I located), and flipped it, realizing a nice profit. But I didn't...and now I can't...and I wouldn't want to. So, it's mine. Blood, sweat and beers!

Last edited: