98 TJ blank dash switches

somis81

I know there must be a post about this, but cant seem to find it.
I have 2 blank switch panels both sides of the rear hardtop wiper washer switch that's above the cig lighter receptacle.
I opened the module and there are wire looms going to both blank switches.
I figure they must be for adding fog lights etc. but would like to know how I can find out if that's what they are for.

They are for whatever you want them to be for. Some models used more that two from the factory and others used less.

I understand that, but there are a lot of wires going from both blank plastic plates (not switches) to somewhere, Where?
I may have to trace them but thought someone would already know. Save me some time.

They are wired up for the factory switch which isn't necessarily a simple on/off and go through the factory harness for certain accessories. Unless you are just trying to add fog lights in the oem spots using an oem fog light switch, I would get aftermarket switches (some look very oem) and run your own wiring.

Reactions: CodaMan
You can get a factory service manual in the Resources Forum. Go to the wiring diagram section and look for the part that covers those switches, compare the wire colors to what you have and you’ll know what would go there from the factory.

They say the wiring is already there but as far as I can tell the far left = defogger, middle = rear hardtop wiper/sprayer and far right = fog lights. Someone correct me if Im wrong or if it's different for other model years.