98 TJ engine swap 2.5 to 4.0 or 4.7 stroker

Captks

I have a 98 TJ w th3 2.5 . I want to do a swap to either the 4.0 or 4.7 stroker. Any and all help or advise would greatly be appreciated. This for my wife who has been working non stop taking care of our 6yr old son w bone cancer. So i am doing it no matter what just need HELP. Thank you all!

You'll need the computer, sensors, wiring, and different mounts for the straight six, along with a different transmission. If going through with that work you might as well go with a stroker to help make it worthwhile. I'll be keeping your son in my prayers.

Reactions: UNLTD06
I have a 98 TJ w th3 2.5 . I want to do a swap to either the 4.0 or 4.7 stroker. Any and all help or advise would greatly be appreciated. This for my wife who has been working non stop taking care of our 6yr old son w bone cancer. So i am doing it no matter what just need HELP. Thank you all!

Sorry to hear about your son, your family will be in our prayers.

IMO for the amount of work it takes to swap in a 6 cyl you could of had a V-8. Do a little looking around and read some swap threads but you can get more power out of the V-8 and it isn't very expensive since you have a 98. The Dodge magnum V-8 comes in a 5.2 or 5.9 version and will swap in just as easy or easier than a 4.0 or 4.7.

You'll need the computer, sensors, wiring, and different mounts for the straight six, along with a different transmission. If going through with that work you might as well go with a stroker to help make it worthwhile. I'll be keeping your son in my prayers.
Thank you very much!!!!

Sorry to hear about your son, your family will be in our prayers.

IMO for the amount of work it takes to swap in a 6 cyl you could of had a V-8. Do a little looking around and read some swap threads but you can get more power out of the V-8 and it isn't very expensive since you have a 98. The Dodge magnum V-8 comes in a 5.2 or 5.9 version and will swap in just as easy or easier than a 4.0 or 4.7.
I thought about that also but it will be an all around jeep daily driver and weekend fun. That's the plan anyway. Thank you very much!

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman