camco02

Hello, the engine in my 98' TJ 2.5l blew in the beginning of September and was swapped with another rebuilt 2.5l from a 92' YJ. I was able to get everything together and technically running with the 98' distributor, but it did not run well. I also tried the 92' distributor and it cranked a lot better but would not spark and gave a P0340 code for the camshaft sensor (we made an adaptor to plug the distributor into the 98' harness). I am 100% positive the distributor is installed correctly. I'm just wondering which distributor I should use and how to get the 92' working with the 98' if need be. Should I Frankenstein a distributor together maybe using the top half of the 98' and bottom of the 92'? It appears the gearing is the same on both distributors even though the camshafts are different I'm at a loss and would appreciate any help, Thanks!!!
IMG_20210520_151349469_HDR.jpg

The 98 and 92 distributors are not interchangeable so you may have to adapt the 98 sensor to work on the 92 if possible, to make the the computer happy.

I think they are clocked differently.

Last edited: