98 TJ with Ford 8.8 Build

oh no you werent supposed to see that!

i tell ya what it definetly doesnt have....a 525hp ls3.....
tenor.gif

Before I bought my Jeep I was looking for a ZL1, couldn't convience myself I hade the time or garage space for it. I love those cars.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmb_973
yeah or just use a stock spindle and stock hub/unit bearing

you know what id really like to do but i feel its overpriced and have heard mixed reviews on is the manual hub conversion i think that would be great for some longer highway trips to get a little better MPG's

yeah or just use a stock spindle and stock hub/unit bearing

you know what id really like to do but i feel its overpriced and have heard mixed reviews on is the manual hub conversion i think that would be great for some longer highway trips to get a little better MPG's
Tj 44s have spindles?

My friend told me that the tj 44 used Dana 30 inner c and knuckle. Which isn’t the same as a standard 44.

yeah so a tj 44 they refer to as a 44/30 its essentially a dana30 axle except the center section is a 44 ring and pinion everything else is that same as a dana 30
Yea I wouldn’t get that! Just compare your prices out there and weight your options. I think it will be cool if you start a thread and do a cut down 44 like I posted earlier

Yea I wouldn’t get that! Just compare your prices out there and weight your options. I think it will be cool if you start a thread and do a cut down 44 like I posted earlier

hey start a go fund me for me and maybe i will! lol

in all honesty though i gotta save up a bit before i do anything big on the jeep right now

Last edited:
The HP30 housings actually cause caster issues from what I'm told, only because the Cherokee had a longer wheelbase, and therefore the angle of the pinion in relation to the knuckles means that to adjust caster in your favor, you actually have to start adjusting the pinion angle downwards more as oppose to upwards like with the TJ front axles. This is what I was told at least by a very knowledgeable off-road guy on the forums. He was saying he won't ever use HP Dana 30 axles in the front of a TJ. He told me the only HP axles he'll use are aftermarket ones that were specifically made for the TJs short wheelbase.

Not sure how much truth there is to that, but he's a very well known and reputable guy, so I don't think he would make up it up.
I know it’s older thread but somebody might benefit. I can confirm the caster problem. I can drive it over 70, but I have to always drive it, no steering with your knee to unwrap a cheeseburger if you know what I mean. I’m seriously looking at cutting and turning the outer C’s. Anybody have any experience there?

Reactions: Chris