Hot Deal on Shop / Garage Heater - Mr. Heater DR966 3000 With 6000W

flyinfish

Woke Is A Joke!
Supporting Member
This is a great deal on a relatively compact heater and by far the cheapest they've been. I purchased one and plan on mounting it to a folding arm from wall that swings as well as pivots in center making it easy to move the heater to the area needed and then rotate the heater downward to heat my working area.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HS8FZAC/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Heater 2.jpg

Heater.jpg

These heaters weigh 27lbs and comes with a heavy duty wall or ceiling mounting arm. The heater is also offered in all black for thirty five bucks more.
I'm buying another one for my lower level shop because they're a solid heater for a great price.

If only we needed one in Arizona 😆

True story! You need one that blows cold air in the house and garage. :D
Having lived in Arizona previously I will say it does get freakin' cold out in the desert at night away from the city pavement and concrete.

True story! You need one that blows cold air in the house and garage. :D
Having lived in Arizona previously I will say it does get freakin' cold out in the desert at night away from the city pavement and concrete.

Absolutely! I’ve been wheeling in the desert at night and man does it get cold!

Are there any recommendations for a 110v units there good for garage use and puts out good heat? Or are all these commercial units mostly all 240v?

Are there any recommendations for a 110v units there good for garage use and puts out good heat? Or are all these commercial units mostly all 240v?

It's all about max watts that you can get through a 15amp wall outlet. Volts x Amps = Watts 120x15=1800 Watts
As you can see 1800w doesn't provide very much heating capability. If you want anything descent you have to go 220-240v

I have a portable version of this heater that looks like this:
ff14aa8b-df3f-41eb-a64e-a719907c87af_1.d0f302e0ab6ffc169c67e876dfdc644e.jpeg

I simply made an adapter to plug it into my 240V dryer outlet. I have a similar outlet and extension cord for my 240V welder as well.
These ones generally run about $120 or so and are sold under a number of brand names.

Update:
$81.20 is the new crazy low price!

For years this heater was about $160 until this year when it has fallen drastically. I thought I got a good deal at $113. At 27lbs this is a solid unit.

Reactions: sideproject
Update! $64.20

Hard to believe it could sell for this price. Shipping included.

Dump your cookies, I think your browser might be hanging on to the price before it fell.

Its a fresh cookie becauese I never looked at those until I saw your $64 post. Plus I dont even shop on Amazon on this computer.