Hot Deal on Shop / Garage Heater - Mr. Heater DR966 3000 With 6000W

20230418_183651.jpg

id love to pick one up for the garage but my electrical panel is insanely over packed and I dont even have 220/240 in the garage. took me about 3 hours to label all the circuits throughout the house.
IMG_3918.jpeg

id love to pick one up for the garage but my electrical panel is insanely over packed and I dont even have 220/240 in the garage. took me about 3 hours to label all the circuits throughout the house.
View attachment 417639

That load center looks pretty old. A new load center with a higher breaker count might be good idea with a touch of wire management.
The picture I attached shows a ground wire that needs attention as it's way too close to the bus bars.

IMG_3918.jpeg

Its a fresh cookie becauese I never looked at those until I saw your $64 post. Plus I dont even shop on Amazon on this computer.
If the price doesn't change, you might call Amazon and tell them about it and you want one for the 64.20 price.
If that doesn't work I could facilitate buying one and sending it to you from Amazon, it's not a problem.

Last edited:
That load center looks pretty old. A new load center with a higher breaker count might be good idea with a touch of wire management.
The picture I attached shows a ground wire that needs attention as it's way too close to the bus bars.

View attachment 417656
House was built in the 80's and built by someone who had no idea what they were doing from everything ive seen so far throughout the house. im renting and can get away with doing what I want, but investing in a panel for someone else isnt what I want to do :ROFLMAO:

(y)ill look the panel over, ive since been in there removing abandoned Romex not hooked to anything either end of the wire and dusting it out. its a rats nest in there. kicker too is when I shut off the main it takes more and more attempts to reset it back to get it back on. last time I threw the main I had to flip the main switch back and forth about 30 times before it caught and stayed in the on position. id love to wire manage but it makes me a bit more nervous than usual because im hesitant to flip the main off due to resetting issues and a wire making contact with a main 🤷‍♂️ but then again I can always pull the meter. the big thing ive been cleaning up in the receptacle boxes were the crimped and soldered line and neutral wire connections lightly wrapped in electrical taps as a insulator.

Reactions: flyinfish
House was built in the 80's and built by someone who had no idea what they were doing from everything ive seen so far throughout the house. im renting and can get away with doing what I want, but investing in a panel for someone else isnt what I want to do :ROFLMAO:

(y)ill look the panel over, ive since been in there removing abandoned Romex not hooked to anything either end of the wire and dusting it out. its a rats nest in there. kicker too is when I shut off the main it takes more and more attempts to reset it back to get it back on. last time I threw the main I had to flip the main switch back and forth about 30 times before it caught and stayed in the on position. id love to wire manage but it makes me a bit more nervous than usual because im hesitant to flip the main off due to resetting issues and a wire making contact with a main 🤷‍♂️ but then again I can always pull the meter. the big thing ive been cleaning up in the receptacle boxes were the crimped and soldered line and neutral wire connections lightly wrapped in electrical taps as a insulator.

Sounds like the main has gone soft.
You've had your work cut out for you and good on you for cleaning it up.

If the price doesn't change, you might call Amazon and tell them about it and you want one for the 64.20 price.
If that doesn't work I could facilitate buying one and sending it to you from Amazon, it's not a problem.
Thanks but need to rewire the garage first and that will probably be a project for next winter at the earliest.

Reactions: flyinfish
——>Price drop - now $42.70 <—— 😲

Amazon must have purchased a large amount of these heaters and now trying to sell most or all of their inventory.
They have to be selling them at a loss after you factor in 27lbs of shipping cost.

I thought I got a smokin' deal when I paid $113 from it's normal price of $165. It's a fantastic well built heater.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HS8FZAC/?tag=wranglerorg-20

——>Price drop - now $42.70 <—— 😲

Amazon must have purchased a large amount of these heaters and now trying to sell most or all of their inventory.
They have to be selling them at a loss after you factor in 27lbs of shipping cost.

I thought I got a smokin' deal when I paid $113 from it's normal price of $165. It's a fantastic well built heater.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HS8FZAC/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I see $36.65

1687271500477.png