99 SE: Is there anyway to upgrade it to the full center console?

zlandquist

My 99 TJ SE came with the short center console. See picture of example I found on the forums:

1574133351246.png

Is there anyway to upgrade it to the full center console? I am looking to add a subwoofer in that spot, just like how other TJ's came from the factory. Is there anything on eBay that would work? Thanks for the help!

I am pretty sure a full sized stock console will fit in there. You will have to remove your e brake boot. You will probably have to drill some holes, but I think it will bolt stock in the front but you will have to drill holes where the rear console sits.

X2 to the above. It will fit, you'll just have to do some minor modifications (as mentioned above).

Davey's Jeeps probably will have the console. You may need the plastic front half for the rear half to interface properly.
Also be sure to get the stock subwoofer insert so you aren't fighting to build a sealed enclosure that will fit inside. Other aftermarket 6.5" subs almost bolt in to the stock plastic enclosure (some dremel work required).

Alternatively, if you're willing to spend some $$$:
https://www.quadratec.com/products/14129_2XX_PG.htmYou'll still need the plastic insert for the sub, but it would bolt into this too.

I am pretty sure a full sized stock console will fit in there. You will have to remove your e brake boot. You will probably have to drill some holes, but I think it will bolt stock in the front but you will have to drill holes where the rear console sits.
X2 to the above. It will fit, you'll just have to do some minor modifications (as mentioned above).

Thanks for the tips y'all. Would there happen to be any like guides online that you know of? I like to know as much as possible before going into something lol

Davey's Jeeps probably will have the console. You may need the plastic front half for the rear half to interface properly.
Also be sure to get the stock subwoofer insert so you aren't fighting to build a sealed enclosure that will fit inside. Other aftermarket 6.5" subs almost bolt in to the stock plastic enclosure (some dremel work required).

Alternatively, if you're willing to spend some $$$:
https://www.quadratec.com/products/14129_2XX_PG.htmYou'll still need the plastic insert for the sub, but it would bolt into this too.

What do you mean by 'You may need the plastic front half for the rear half to interface properly.'? Are you talking about keeping the original piece that I have in jeep and then cutting out the back end of the console I buy from either ebay or daveys jeeps?

Thanks for the tips y'all. Would there happen to be any like guides online that you know of? I like to know as much as possible before going into something lol

What do you mean by 'You may need the plastic front half for the rear half to interface properly.'? Are you talking about keeping the original piece that I have in jeep and then cutting out the back end of the console I buy from either ebay or daveys jeeps?
In at least the later Jeeps, the console pieces overlap. So you may need to pick up the matching front console half (where the shifters and cupholder are) from the same or equivalent jeep so that the pieces overlap correctly.

I haven't seen a guide, but it's possible one exists. I think once you get the larger center console, it will be apparent just how easy it will be to fit just by setting it in place. It's really not held on there by much.

I haven't seen a guide, but it's possible one exists. I think once you get the larger center console, it will be apparent just how easy it will be to fit just by setting it in place. It's really not held on there by much.

Dope, sounds good. Thanks man!

Mine has two bolts straight down from the inside of the rear of he console, One in one of cup holders and two that come in from the passenger side next to the passenger seat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steel City 06