99' Wrangler TJ Rubicon

TJ_Dante711

Hey so I'm new to the forums but have been around jeeps for a few years now, Here's a few pics of my 99 TJ I like to call a "99' Rubicon" even though it's nowhere close to being a real one, the decal on the hood just really goes with my Gunmetal Pearl and Red theme I've got going on that looks AMAZING. I've put a lot of work into it since I've got it almost 2 years ago and I'll try to find pics so you guys can see the transformation. It's mostly been cosmetics and some simple mods but have huge plans for the future when I have more saved up and can actually accomplish, lmk what you all think? Thanks!

IMG_2749.jpeg

IMG_2801.jpeg

IMG_2806.jpeg

IMG_2855.jpeg

IMG_2935.jpeg

IMG_2972.jpeg

Welcome, Nice looking rig, colour looks very close the the anvil colour used on the 10a JK Rubi that first came with that red outlined sticker. No wonder it works well ;)

So when's the axle and tcase swap to make it legit?

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: TJ_Dante711
Welcome, Nice looking rig, colour looks very close the the anvil colour used on the 10a JK Rubi that first came with that red outlined sticker. No wonder it works well ;)

So when's the axle and tcase swap to make it legit?

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.
Thanks! I've been Joking about an LS3 swap ever since I got the Jeep but now I'm really wanting to make it happen, along with a lot of new/upgraded drivetrain, definitely axles, to handle all the new power, but none of that can happen till I save up quite a bit lol it's gonna take a while

I've been putting together a crazy project "Endgame" plan for my rig to really put it up to Rubicon standards and deserving of that sticker I got on the hood (nothing too crazy) but I figured I post a list here just for hahas, if anyone has any suggestions or input for me It'd be much appreciated as I'm fairly new to the real in-depth mods, Its definitely an expensive list but hey I can dream right? lol

- LS3 V8 Swap (Different Trans, New Mounts, etc.)
- Dual Battery Setup (Optima Redtops)
- Mishimoto Radiator (Hoses, Thermostat)
- Borla LS3 Air Horn Induction Kit (Filters)
- G2 Axle Assemblies Front and Rear Dana 44 (4.10 gears?)
- Rear Disc Brake Conversion
- ATX Cornice 17x9 with Toyo M/T 33x12.5x17
- Fox Racing 2.0 Remote Reservoir Adjustable Shocks all round
- JCR Crusader Mid Width Bumper (Front and Rear w Tire Carrier, Jack Mount, KC 3" Flood Cubes)
- Warn VR12-S Winch
- Corbeau Baja XRS with Harnesses, Bars, etc.
- Rock Hard 4x4 Ultimate Sports Cage
- Recoat Frame for Protection (and looks lol)
- LineX Interior Tub w New Carpet Over
- Upgraded Control Arms
- Upgraded Steering (New Stabilizer, Linkage)
- Duraflex Head Reduction Hood
- Vented inner Fenders
- Double DIN Headunit Reciever Conversion

Endgame Drawing.jpg

Nice sketch!!

No need for a new rad until/if you do the LS swap.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how a Borla intake would be worth the cost...unless you actually want to pop every u-joint on command. For real-life on and off-road use, that would be, in mho, some serious overkill.
For the interior, I'm thinking that there are far less expensive alternatives than LineX that would wear and protect just as well. I'm planning on going with Durabak on my Rubi. The samples they sent me seem pretty near bulletproof and, at $120 for a gallon for the textured (4” stipple roller free with purchase of a textured gallon), it's a hell of a deal.

Keep a dreamin'

Reactions: DrDmoney
First off, nice TJ, second welcome to the Forum, and last why call it a Rubicon? Why not have some decals made with the same colors, font, and size that say Endgame? That would be much better than a Rube-icon.

First off, nice TJ, second welcome to the Forum, and last why call it a Rubicon? Why not have some decals made with the same colors, font, and size that say Endgame? That would be much better than a Rube-icon.
Honestly, it was just an Impulse buy on Amazon with the other Black/Red Jeep decals but I definitely thought that'd be something I do, right now the "Rubicon" on the hood is just what's motivating me to stick to my plan and get it up to rubicon standards

Love the sketch!

The JK Rubicon hood decals look really good. They compliment it nicely.

The red accents give it that JK Rubicon "hard rock" look, which I'm fond of.

Nice sketch!!

No need for a new rad until/if you do the LS swap.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how a Borla intake would be worth the cost...unless you actually want to pop every u-joint on command. For real-life on and off-road use, that would be, in mho, some serious overkill.
For the interior, I'm thinking that there are far less expensive alternatives than LineX that would wear and protect just as well. I'm planning on going with Durabak on my Rubi. The samples they sent me seem pretty near bulletproof and, at $120 for a gallon for the textured (4” stipple roller free with purchase of a textured gallon), it's a hell of a deal.

Keep a dreamin'
Yeah, I'll be honest a lot of my plan is overkill, once it really gets moving I'd definitely become more realistic with myself and start to look for some of the better routes to take. Right now I figured I'd just find a place to put any crazy ideas that I came up with that are a little different from others, but thanks for the input man I appreciate it

I've been putting together a crazy project "Endgame" plan for my rig to really put it up to Rubicon standards and deserving of that sticker I got on the hood (nothing too crazy) but I figured I post a list here just for hahas, if anyone has any suggestions or input for me It'd be much appreciated as I'm fairly new to the real in-depth mods, Its definitely an expensive list but hey I can dream right? lol

- LS3 V8 Swap (Different Trans, New Mounts, etc.)
- Dual Battery Setup (Optima Redtops)
- Mishimoto Radiator (Hoses, Thermostat)
- Borla LS3 Air Horn Induction Kit (Filters)
- G2 Axle Assemblies Front and Rear Dana 44 (4.10 gears?)
- Rear Disc Brake Conversion
- ATX Cornice 17x9 with Toyo M/T 33x12.5x17
- Fox Racing 2.0 Remote Reservoir Adjustable Shocks all round
- JCR Crusader Mid Width Bumper (Front and Rear w Tire Carrier, Jack Mount, KC 3" Flood Cubes)
- Warn VR12-S Winch
- Corbeau Baja XRS with Harnesses, Bars, etc.
- Rock Hard 4x4 Ultimate Sports Cage
- Recoat Frame for Protection (and looks lol)
- LineX Interior Tub w New Carpet Over
- Upgraded Control Arms
- Upgraded Steering (New Stabilizer, Linkage)
- Duraflex Head Reduction Hood
- Vented inner Fenders
- Double DIN Headunit Reciever Conversion

View attachment 90038
Those ATX wheels are pretty sharp, I wish they made them in a true beadlock, they look alot like the Hutchinson Rock Monster.