99 XJ starts but no gauges

Jan 12, 2018
Florence CO.
Good Morning! Help please. 99XJ Yesterday I installed A-Pillar LED light pods. After completing they turned on fine. Cleaned up and went into the house for the night. This morning I went out, started the Jeep just dandy, but I noticed NO GAUGES were working. Fuel level, voltage, oil pressure, temperature, speedo, tach, and odometer. All other electrical: radio, lights, windows, locks etc work 5-bye.
I disconnected everything I had connected for the lights. I disconnected battery and cleaned clamps, terminals, and reconnected. I checked all fuses of junction box and PDC all good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
cradkins_9591502
Jan 12, 2018
Florence CO.
Opps, forgot to mention that troubleshooting step. Yes, smacked that dash several times like a red headed stepchild.

OP
cradkins_9591502
Jan 12, 2018
Florence CO.
Thanks everyone. Here’s the status.
There was no odometer, therefore I could not determine if there was a NO BUS situation so, here’s what I’ve discovered in my tracking of the electrical. I disconnected not only the connections to the pods but also the connections to a previously installed 20” light bar (a separate wiring harness). I inspected all fuses again and I had a blown #9 fuse. I replaced it and turned the key to accessory’s and no gauges. #9 fuse blew again. I went back behind the center console and disconnected my lockers. Replaced fuse #9 and turned the key to accessories and gauges jumped and returned to normal position. So I started reconnecting every item in different combinations. Any combo with lockers popped the fuse. So, I left the lockers disconnected for today. Maybe I mistakingly connected the two lockers wiring. That’ll be tomorrow’s task.