A/C blower woes

Muckraker

I’ve been hunting down a bad blower motor issues for a month or two now. Initially I thought it was just the resistor but after swapping out both the harness and the blower motor resistor, I still only have airflow on the lowest setting. Should I swap the blower motor itself or the blower motor switch control? Thanks guys!

Sounds likely to be fixed with a new fan speed switch. The resistor pack would not cause any problems with the highest fan speed setting.

Would suggest that it is the fan switch, as my plug had melted at the back of the switch from years of use - although I also installed a new resistor, and blower as well as resistor plug and wiring as my resistor plug had also melted. Although despite taking the route of replacing in order resistor, blower and switch whilst it was the switch, replacing the blower improved the airflow and the resistor plug had melted, so i thought it prudent to replace all. Handy tip is when removing the blower or console to replace the switch have a vacuum cleaner with you that has a small nozzle to remove all the built up dirt and dust.

My plugs also had melted on the back of the fan switch. I was able to use some liquid tape to repair the wiring insulation.