A/C don't work and it's HOT in Louisiana

4banger

Noticed the blower motor cutting off for a few minutes and back on again. Did this several times then finally off for good.
the fuse was ok
the relay was ok
tried a new resistor (not it)
took the blower motor out and ran 12volts to it (it's fine)
replaced the fan speed switch
replaced the Heater/AC vacuum switch
....still nothing

there is a connection between the heater/ac vacuum switch to the fan speed switch via the wiring harness. My question is, is there any reason to replace the ac control panel if I've already put new switches on it? I also noticed that only 1 of the 3 LED's come on on the panel (doubt that means anything)
thanks for any help

Different years have slightly different fans. Having been through my 2003 system completely, one thing I discovered was the connector that plugs directly into the motor is a poor design and it loses contact, probably from years of arching. I cleaned the contacts and bent them out a tad with a small pick and now it works fine.

My blower motor would cut out and back on for a while. My airbag light was also on, and from what I read, if I had a hardtop, the rear defroster wouldn't have worked. Take a look and see if you have any other issues like these.

My issue was all related to my ignition switch. I replaced that, and it fixed everything.

Side note: one small test you can do for the blower is with your Jeep running, jiggle the key around a bit. Mine would bounce off and on as I wiggled the key, so it helped narrow down my problem.