A comment on this site...

JerryD

I just wanted to compliment Chris, the moderators, and the members of this site. I, like many of you, visit many other Jeep sites. All of you have contributed to make this site a great knowledge repository, but more importantly, a great social site. Yeah, most guys don't think of this as "socializing", but for newbs that are just looking for guidance, or older farts that don't have the tolerance for imbeciles, this site is a welcome respite. Aside from the occasional JK bashing (that I just roll my eyes at, smile & move on) :), I've never experienced or seen most of the crap that infests other boards.

Disappointingly, I had to replace my daily driver JK with a newer JK. I just have not found the right Rubi LJ, but the hunt will continue probably after the spring. So IN SPITE of the fact that I am a JK owner, I've really enjoyed popping in every now and again and seeing what's what.

Congratulations, Chris, on not just a great Jeep site, but a true enthusiasts site as well!

Jerry

Hey Jerry, as long as you don't do to your JK what a lot of these people do to them, than I love have no problem with a JK at all. Hell, I like JKs, I just don't like the way these people turn them into pimp mobiles, that's all!

I'm sorry to see your TJ go! There's lots of clean Rubicon LJs out there, but a really nice one may set you back a pretty penny (they're starting to become collectible it seems).

I'm also glad you like this site. I get what you mean about "socializing". Most of my friends in real life have all moved on, left the state, or we just don't talk much anymore. That being said, I don't really have very many good friends anymore, and none of them drive Jeeps! That being said, I look at a lot of the people on here as my online "friends" and I enjoy socializing them.

I would say that the community here has come together very well. There's rarely any drama (not even nearly as much as you'd find in a Facebook Group, that's for sure!) and everyone seems to contribute.

Hopefully we'll continue to see you around. While we may not know much about JKs here, you're certainly always welcome!

Not a big fan of the JK's with their mainstream design, they kinda remind me of what Ford did to the Thunderbird over the years going from a sports car to a tank. I love the TJ's, CJ's and the old Willies are just plain cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
I make fun of JK's, but I can also make fun of my TJ. The interior leaves much to be desired. Seats could be more comfortable considering you have a tiny wheel base and solid axles to maximize the amount of discomfort while driving.

I've driven a 2-door JK and holy crap it rides way better than a TJ. I definitely imagine owning one to get that "I drive a nice, new car" feel.

Just keep your eyes out for that perfect LJ. Or you could buy a JL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
I make fun of JK's, but I can also make fun of my TJ. The interior leaves much to be desired. Seats could be more comfortable considering you have a tiny wheel base and solid axles to maximize the amount of discomfort while driving.

I've driven a 2-door JK and holy crap it rides way better than a TJ. I definitely imagine owning one to get that "I drive a nice, new car" feel.

Not interested in the JL (at this time). What I really want is a CJ-6, or maybe a Scrambler for the cool factor, but a LWB TJ Rubicon really has it all for me. Just wish I would have realized that 10 years ago.

You're right, Jerry. This forum has been a breath of fresh air in the world of forums. ROF forum isn't too bad, not like most of the others, but they don't get a lot of participation for some reason. Probably due to only being for Rubicon Owners.

We need a thread on here about sightings of well-built JKs. Especially 2-doors. I used to have one, and wish I still did.

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
My opinion is that we shouldn't spend our time on a TJ forum bashing JK's. Yeah, there are things I don't like about them, but there are things I don't like about TJ's. There are also things I like about JK's as well as TJ's. My favorite is the TJ, but I don't feel compelled to bash JK's.

As far as bashing them because of mods, that is a level playing field; a badly modded TJ is just as bad as a badly modded JK.

However, sometimes extensive JK bashing does give the impression that there is some kind of deep-seated emotion behind the bashing. What that emotion is, whether jealousy, frustration, etc, I don't know, it just seems to be there. That's why I wish it wasn't making up 2 or 3 of the most recent threads. I like the focus on TJ's

My opinion is that we shouldn't spend our time on a TJ forum bashing JK's. Yeah, there are things I don't like about them, but there are things I don't like about TJ's. There are also things I like about JK's as well as TJ's. My favorite is the TJ, but I don't feel compelled to bash JK's.

As far as bashing them because of mods, that is a level playing field; a badly modded TJ is just as bad as a badly modded JK.

However, sometimes extensive JK bashing does give the impression that there is some kind of deep-seated emotion behind the bashing. What that emotion is, whether jealousy, frustration, etc, I don't know, it just seems to be there. That's why I wish it wasn't making up 2 or 3 of the most recent threads. I like the focus on TJ's
I'm jealous of the JKR, and frustrated because I can't order my perfect JKR from the factory any longer, and then get it modded to perfection at the local 4x shop. It makes me a bitter person to realize that my life is incomplete and there's another lost opportunity. I vent my frustration by bad mouthing JKU mall crawlers on a TJ forum because I don't have the balls to walk up to the owner of a poorly modded JK and telling him that his Jeep sucks and that his mom dresses him funny.

Naahhh...I've got a JKU in the family and love it. It's like the Ford / Chevy thing. A little sibling rivalry.

Hey now... Don't act like you don't know about this thread: Ugliest TJs you've seen?

Hell, I don't care what kind of jeep someone drives. It's a jeep! I also heard rumors that some Jk drivers are near human, or as close as possible to human. I think they have a different DNA strand that has some kinda "Bling" thing included.....

Reactions: JMT and StG58
Hell, I don't care what kind of jeep someone drives. It's a jeep! I also heard rumors that some Jk drivers are near human, or as close as possible to human. I think they have a different DNA strand that has some kinda "Bling" thing included.....
Hey now, I'm triggered! I'm almost human, eh, but even my JKU DNA is recessive or defective, or something!? Wow, just wow. I'm crushed. (Goes off and sulks in his Fiat / Chrysler provided safe space.)

Reactions: Cisco Kid

The TJ's interior is exactly what I want an interior to be like. Idk I'm weird.