A couple of JLs waved at me today

For sure lol. I don't wave at JKs/JKUs for that reason, unless they wave first.

When I was still in Chicago, we were rude on the JK drivers.
They do not know how to fit-in, and they are doing it to themselves without them knowing it.
But then, more and more are lady drivers and so it even got worst for we call them Mall Crawlers.

It's weird looking... I just don't like the lines. The front end looks unusual to me, and the windows and doors have lines I just don't like very much. Maybe it will grow on me in time, but I guess I just don't like it because it looks so "modern", and I prefer more classic looking vehicles.

Even if I had 55k cash in my pocket, I wouldn't go buy a JL. I get why people like them, but I don't buy into the hype, or the "keeping up with the Jones'" mentality,
The windshield is racked back really far now. It looks ok, but it's a long way from out TJ;s. I haven't seen a 2 door yet in person, maybe that will restore my faith in Jeeps design.

Reactions: JMT
I saw one in town the other day, a red JL.

I've come to the conclusion after seeing it up close and personal, I'm not a fan of this new look at all.
Easy now Chris- about the time our TJ/LJs finally rot out the old JLs may be our next option-- oh wait-- didn't you go for a JK already:bash:

Reactions: xackley
No JK or JL for me in my future :(
I have a feeling I will rot out with my TJs, they will be 35 & 37 years old by the time I'm 80 and so, it's okay for I remember I was on my prime at those age :)

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Easy now Chris- about the time our TJ/LJs finally rot out the old JLs may be our next option-- oh wait-- didn't you go for a JK already:bash:

No, I didn't end up getting the JK. I found way too many reasons not to get it.

And naa, our TJs will only rot out if you let them.

No, I didn't end up getting the JK. I found way too many reasons not to get it.

And naa, our TJs will only rot out if you let them.
Which is why mine is washed, waxed, and in storage until the spring rains get rid of the chlorides on the roads. I am 63 so when I die mine will be a classic for sale.

Reactions: KCsTJ
Which is why mine is washed, waxed, and in storage until the spring rains get rid of the chlorides on the roads. I am 63 so when I die mine will be a classic for sale.

Yours and mind both, trust me! Of course I'm only 34, but my wife could tell you stories about how OCD I am with mine (sometimes I clean the bolts with a toothbrush, haha). We're also fortunate up here in Oregon that they don't salt the roads, so we don't have to worry about rust as much as some states do. But mine only has 50k miles on it as it sits now, so one day it will be a classic. Might not be for 30-40 years, but one day!

Don't get me wrong, I like all Wranglers. I just really like the classic lines of the TJs and CJs (never cared much for the YJs).

I saw one in town the other day, a red JL.

I've come to the conclusion after seeing it up close and personal, I'm not a fan of this new look at all.
I agree. I thought I liked it, but the more I looked at it the more it looked like a modern SUV. Maybe things will change, but not now

I agree. I thought I liked it, but the more I looked at it the more it looked like a modern SUV. Maybe things will change, but not now

The promotional photos looked okay, but I've seen some in person and I just don't like them that much. They look so much like an SUV (the 2-doors will look better I suspect), and all the gizmos turn me off.

I didn't like the JK much at first, but I've learned to like it more with time. However, I still don't like the JK look as much as the TJ look, and never will. I like the TJ / CJ look the most.

3B6F7F7D-6A82-47F7-A292-D267FE79A405.jpeg
I would never by a 4 door, but that looks pretty good to me. The 2 door will look even better. I couldn’t imagine paying what they want for a new one right now, but a used one in a few years might not be that bad.

View attachment 32385 I would never by a 4 door, but that looks pretty good to me. The 2 door will look even better. I couldn’t imagine paying what they want for a new one right now, but a used one in a few years might not be that bad.
Flares definitely look better

Ugh... that JL is just fugly. Those stupid fender vents or whatever they’re supposed to be (fake vents imagine).

Never have I been happier to own a TJ, I’ll say that much. The JKs are okay looking, but those JLs are just not even in the realm of attractive for me. Oh well!

Ugh... that JL is just fugly. Those stupid fender vents or whatever they’re supposed to be (fake vents imagine).

Never have I been happier to own a TJ, I’ll say that much. The JKs are okay looking, but those JLs are just not even in the realm of attractive for me. Oh well!
That’s the beauty of being able to have opinions lol. I would never own a 4 door...I agree those are hideous, but I like the JL way more than the jk. 4 door JKs make me cringe lol

I’m kinda into them. I’ve seen a couple and they remind of the tj with just headlights in the grill. The front fenders are very masculine, the lines are much better in person.

Reactions: Starrs
I’m kinda into them. I’ve seen a couple and they remind of the tj with just headlights in the grill. The front fenders are very masculine, the lines are much better in person.

I would take you avatar over that giant thing in a NY second. Sorry, I am having a wee dram and my filter is off. Ah, I guess I just like the smaller Jeeps and no doubt in the minority considering all vehicles are getting huge these days. Even the Miata. :Saeufer:

I've heard the theory the automakers build on is you build a nice compact basic model initially then grow it over the years in size and options to accommodate the Young buyer (who could afford the basic and sportier initial one) as the family and income grows.
Problem is in a Jeep is that it gets too large for trails and too expensive for a rig that is part time use and going to see some body damage on trails. I say let them grow the other Jeep models if they will but not the Wrangler.
Watch what will happen when gasoline goes to $4- then they may rethink the strategy above and consider shrinking or god forbid- dropping the Wrangler.

I was at Badlands in Attica Indiana two weeks ago and a guy brought out his 4 door JLR. The group I was with put it (and my stock TJR) through it's paces. Lots of new dents and scrapes underneath. I couldn't do that to a 50k jeep.
d7803bf517ca962ee4df6ab210a0ae42.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk