Bekka

Pennsylvania 100, Pottstown, PA, United States
I just recently bought a 2007 wrangler Sahara, manual. I'm having an issue where...
1) when I slow down or stop, it sounds like my engine is still revving up high and takes a minute to fall back down, like something is sticking
2)we replaced my ignition switch a few days ago, because when you put the key in, you literally have to turn it as far as humanly possible, and hold it (sometimes it needs to be repeatedly turned quickly) as far back as it will go in order to get my jeep to turn over.
Any solutions?

I just recently bought a 2007 wrangler Sahara, manual. I'm having an issue where...
1) when I slow down or stop, it sounds like my engine is still revving up high and takes a minute to fall back down, like something is sticking
2)we replaced my ignition switch a few days ago, because when you put the key in, you literally have to turn it as far as humanly possible, and hold it (sometimes it needs to be repeatedly turned quickly) as far back as it will go in order to get my jeep to turn over.
Any solutions?

What is it revving at?? If it's just over 1000RPM as you coast to a stop then when you stop drops to idle (800RPM) I wouldn't worry about it. But if it's revving higher could be an issue. possibly Crank Position sensor or Throttle Position sensor... Do have any issues with long cranking to start?

Okay, so it drives completely normal and then I do all the downshifting and come up to a stop sign or something... and even if I'm putting it into first or neutral when I'm paused/stopping, at first it is still revved up quite a bit & then it slowly falls back... And idles normally, then. Kind of feels like a diesel when it idles? I had it taken back to the dealer once for it, but my warranty ran out, it felt a little better for a bit after I got it back, but its doing it again, I feel like.

What is it revving at?? If it's just over 1000RPM as you coast to a stop then when you stop drops to idle (800RPM) I wouldn't worry about it. But if it's revving higher could be an issue. possibly Crank Position sensor or Throttle Position sensor... Do have any issues with long cranking to start?
You mean like does it take a while to turn over?

Okay, so it drives completely normal and then I do all the downshifting and come up to a stop sign or something... and even if I'm putting it into first or neutral when I'm paused/stopping, at first it is still revved up quite a bit & then it slowly falls back... And idles normally, then. Kind of feels like a diesel when it idles? I had it taken back to the dealer once for it, but my warranty ran out, it felt a little better for a bit after I got it back, but its doing it again, I feel like.
What did the dealer tell you when? A rough diesel like idle could be a plug. Has it kicked the check engine light? Do you feel anything while you are at driving speed?

What did the dealer tell you when? A rough diesel like idle could be a plug. Has it kicked the check engine light? Do you feel anything while you are at driving speed?
They told me it was some kind of boot or something that was sticking, so they replaced that and it felt fine for a while, just recently started acting up again. It doesn't do it all of the time, just occasionally. But no, no lights or anything are on

They told me it was some kind of boot or something that was sticking, so they replaced that and it felt fine for a while, just recently started acting up again. It doesn't do it all of the time, just occasionally. But no, no lights or anything are on
Hmmm.... How many miles are you showing?

Because it definitely takes quite a bit of muscle to start the thing. Not sure why, or if the revving issue has to do with it..
Does it turn over lots before it starts? your fuel rail could be losing pressure. turn the key one but not all the way to engage the starter. Listen for the fuel pump, it will be a quiet humm that should stop after a few seconds. do that two to three times, then turn all the way to start and see if it starts quicker. If not, then it could be you Crank Position Sensor.

Reactions: JP98 and Chris
I want to say IAC, but admittedly I have zero knowledge of the JK 3.8 engine.

What number does it Rev at?