A good alternative to washers on bump stops?

Just note that those spacers reduce thread engagement on the lug nuts. You need to ensure you can get a minimum of 10 full turns on the lug nuts after installation. The rule of thumb is that the length of thread engagement must be at least as long as the diameter of the bolt or stud. So for a 1/2-20 thread, you need at least 10 full turns of thread engagement.

Those style spacers are also illegal in certain areas due to the thread engagement issue. Generally, as long as the thread engagement issue (and perhaps the hub centric issues) are taken care of, they are safe.

You can always install longer studs if necessary.

That's going to significantly reduce the thread engagement of the lug nuts, I'm not even sure if ET lug nuts would achieve enough additional thread engagement to make a difference.

The best fix is a wheel with less backspacing.

Personally I'd just install the washer(s) on the steering stop bolts. The increase in turning radius is insignificant and you won't notice it. You don't need the extra track width.

That's going to significantly reduce the thread engagement of the lug nuts, I'm not even sure if ET lug nuts would achieve enough additional thread engagement to make a difference.

The best fix is a wheel with less backspacing.

Personally I'd just install the washer(s) on the steering stop bolts. The increase in turning radius is insignificant and you won't notice it. You don't need the extra track width.

I was hoping enough thread would be there, so it wouldn't matter. I do like the look/stance with the tires a bit out further, I figured .5" wouldn't be much. I don't want to use full 1.5" spacers. I think it feels more stable with a little wider

New wheels would be the best, but costly, and I really like the Moabs.. I'm going to see how much thread will be left.

Is this thread about bump stop extensions or wheel spacers?

Is this thread about bump stop extensions or wheel spacers?
The OP is looking at the plate style spacers (not the ones with the new studs, but just an actual spacer) as an alternative to washers on the knuckle steering stops to eliminate rubbing at full lock

Noted, I’ll check it out before I order
0.5" is a bit more than I would be willing to risk with that style of spacer. You can check the thread engagement before you buy. You need at least 1/2" of thread engagement remaining, and will lose 1/2" from the spacers.

So that means with the current studs, your lug nuts need to spin a full 20 times before they seat on the wheel. If they don't, your thread engagement will be insufficient. I believe the threaded portion on the factory studs is less than 1", so I doubt you have enough for that large of a spacer.

As for the hub adapter style spacer, they can be bought as thin as 1". Those types provide new studs that will eliminate the thread engagement issue.

I run 1.25" hub adapter style spacers on Moab rims. I went with Spidertrax since they are hib centric and made in the USA