A Jeep Weekend with the Grandsons

Irishguy

TJ Enthusiast
We had our twin grandsons up from Pensacola this weekend and used the time to do some fun adventures.

A nice 6 point checking out the Jeep through the woods...

Explored a Native American cave used by hunting parties for probably thousands of years. About a mine from our cabin on my buddy's property.

One of our favorite swimming holes...

A storm in the valley produced a pretty nice rainbow off the cabin back deck...

Since it's been kind of dry we were able to do a couple of river crossings...

50158903242_64f54d286b_h.jpg

And of course they got fed good at Poppy and GrandMax's house...

50158083633_8dfff6604d_h.jpg

50158087453_949226dc34_h.jpg

50158877222_7f1ad3a571_h.jpg

50158102918_ec6b74d0f2_h.jpg

50158654041_56b60faf18_h.jpg

50158118848_ee0bcaeb5d_h.jpg

50158109528_cbac84c6b9_h.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Chris. It was a blast. 12 year olds are at a great age for adventure. PawPaw and MeMaw were tired and needed a cocktail (Or two) after we took them home.

The nice thing is you can give them back when you're done with them :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Ephry73
The nice thing is you can give them back when you're done with them :LOL:

Oh hell yeah. I don't think I could be a parent all over again. She and I have raised 5. Our oldest is 38 and the mother of those two. Our youngest is 22 and a he's Network Engineer. We are glad they are all out of the house.

Reactions: Ephry73
Oh hell yeah. I don't think I could be a parent all over again. She and I have raised 5 and our oldest is 38 and the mother of those two. The youngest is 22 and a Network Engineer. We are glad they are all out of the house.

Yep, I hear you! We have three, and I always think about how nice it would be to give them back sometimes. Mostly just the 1 year old and the 4 year old. Our oldest (almost 8) is well behaved, but the younger two, they are exhausting as hell for both of us :LOL:

Yep, I hear you! We have three, and I always think about how nice it would be to give them back sometimes. Mostly just the 1 year old and the 4 year old. Our oldest (almost 8) is well behaved, but the younger two, they are exhausting as hell for both of us :LOL:

I was 38 when the 22 year old was born and I was a much better parent by then. had I known what I know now I would have waited until I was older to have kids, but when you are younger you are just too stupid to know any better. It all turned out well. I have some great sons and daughters and some great grandkids with more to come I'm sure.

Reactions: Chris
I was 38 when the 22 year old was born and I was a much better parent by then. had I known what I know now I would have waited until I was older to have kids, but when you are younger you are just too stupid to know any better. It all turned out well. I have some great sons and daughters and some great grandkids with more to come I'm sure.

I was 29 when we had our first kid. So old enough to have gotten past the stupid point in my life.

It's the two girls that drive us nuts. Always at each others throats and so much drama you'd think they were teenagers!

The good part about having kids young is when they are grown and moved out with there own family's is we get to have fun and enjoy our times like before having them, i was 27 and wife 22 when youngest was born that was like 34 yrs ago..:poop: