A Jurassic Overland Dream

Still love the updates! Man that thing is cool.
Jurassic is lookin' good!

Thanks guys! I have a blast driving it lol It's just something that puts a smile on my face every time I'm in it.

I honestly never expected peoples reactions around town to be as big as they are. Seeing kids reactions is priceless, especially if I'm just driving in the middle of nowhere, I think it's great so many kids get such a kick out of it. But hands down, the most hilarious reactions always come from the adults lol

BUT, for the love of God I need a second vehicle lol It's my daily driver and it'd be nice to be able to leave my house SOMETIMES without that all eyes on me feeling lol

I've heard the phrase "I like your Jeep!" so many times that now I just reply with "Thanks, my Ferrari is in the shop." :ROFLMAO:

If you live near a target and have $20 you can also have your own Jurassic Park Jeep.

I have a couple mini ones by my computer desk! haha
And some dinosaurs that my son got me for fathers day lol
222535127_499100767858142_7239163689124130171_n.jpg

He got me four, and we decided to each pick our favorite, and then we super glued them to the dash :ROFLMAO:
227246683_604990800504999_3588879890315446815_n.jpg

I've gotten stuck in a bit of a limbo with the Jeep atm and what it's future is going to be.

I've come into a decent chunk of disposable income, and have a property selling next month.
So it's had me contemplating the Jeep and possibilities and now I'm toying with the idea of finding a nice solid base TJ, something close to stock, and then really sink some $$$ into making it a proper build and something that's going to last another 10+ years. 100% redoing the Jurassic Park theme if I do of course lol

So with an uncertain future, here's a shameless glamor post with random pictures. It's definitely been a summer of exploring, camping, and road trips. Gonna try to avoid reposting any pictures.

DSC_0925.JPG

DSC_0799.jpg

Pics of the pooch are always better than my TJ shots
DSC_0954.jpg

DSC_1415.JPG

DSC_1365.JPG

DSC_1656.JPG

241400577_192787862954740_4632786083781649499_n.jpg

DSC_0769.jpg

DSC_1902.JPG

DSC_07944.jpg

DSC_1583.JPG

So hopefully within the next 3-4 weeks I'll have a decision made, and either way things on a TJ are going to start picking up towards Christmas!

I'm not understanding - what's wrong with the one you have now? Can't you just build it up how you'd like?

This one was patched together and repaired from a bucket of rust to be what it is now, and don't get me wrong it was done well by the people I got to work on it, but it's all the little imperfections, and all the patchwork that can be seen underneath. For me it just comes down to not having enough faith that this current TJ is going to be alive in another 5 years. I don't want to sink a bunch of money into parts and upgrades, just to have the body or frame start to deteriorate away in the next few years.

I'd just love the opportunity to find a rust free TJ to use as a base, and something that hasn't been pieced together by 10 different people before I got my hands on it lol

And living on the coast, and somewhere the roads get salted every winter, it would be awesome to have the peace of mind of a blank slate that I can rust proof right from the start, and build on something that will at least have a better chance at lasting the test of time lol

An extra 15-20k for a Jeep project just leaves lots of options to explore.

This one was patched together and repaired from a bucket of rust to be what it is now, and don't get me wrong it was done well by the people I got to work on it, but it's all the little imperfections, and all the patchwork that can be seen underneath. For me it just comes down to not having enough faith that this current TJ is going to be alive in another 5 years. I don't want to sink a bunch of money into parts and upgrades, just to have the body or frame start to deteriorate away in the next few years.

I'd just love the opportunity to find a rust free TJ to use as a base, and something that hasn't been pieced together by 10 different people before I got my hands on it lol

And living on the coast, and somewhere the roads get salted every winter, it would be awesome to have the peace of mind of a blank slate that I can rust proof right from the start, and build on something that will at least have a better chance at lasting the test of time lol

An extra 15-20k for a Jeep project just leaves lots of options to explore.
Look at it this way, you've seen what you can do with a poor base and it came out, IMO, great looking. All the little things you didn't like in this build you can avoid or do differently with a solid platform and my guess is it will come out even better!!

Look at it this way, you've seen what you can do with a poor base and it came out, IMO, great looking. All the little things you didn't like in this build you can avoid or do differently with a solid platform and my guess is it will come out even better!!

That's kind of where my mindset is right now.
It's been a frustrating back and forth in my head, sometimes I even jump to a scenario where I have 2 TJs....I'm a wreck hahah

Man don't think that thought hasn't crossed my mind either haha :ROFLMAO:
From the standpoint of someone who does a lot of camping with their Jeep, an LJ would elevate things a lot comfort wise lol
After taking a trip with my friends who have an LJ...I can't believe how much more room they have. Its crazy how much extra stuff you can fit with only an extra foot and a half of space.

I thought I was gonna be done with 2 footitis when I sold my boat...

• Haha
Reactions: rasband
Anyone know of a good overall guide on how to rust proof a vehicle? I've got my TJ and another project vehicle ('60s ford product) that are going to need protection from the elements.

I don't have a link handy, but if you search here on the forum I remember seeing a really great guide someone wrote up for rust proofing our Jeeps.

Reactions: reddvltj