A lesson learned—keep it light and nimble!

As it stands now, I'm weighing whether or not I want to do the 15" Big Brake upgrade now. Given the need to weld the new bracket to the knuckle, it makes sense to upgrade now. However, I'm trying to feather the throttle on spending. That may impact when I do the flip. When I do get there, one thing I'm a little anxious about is whether or not the adjustment sleeve will cause interference. :unsure:
What concerns me also is the Z bend hitting the spring perch or the TB. With it flipped, the high spot will be facing up. Even if you bump to 33's in the future, I think you'd be just fine with BMB pads/Centric rotors vs. the BBK. I've ran both, and yes, the BBK is next level braking, but it comes with a price tag.

Reactions: Irun
In 6 month's time I'm sure I'll be happy with my decision but I'll just bite the bullet and pay the shipping now. I feel like for something like this a USPS flat rate box would get the job done and be more cost effective, but it's my job to find ways to save money so guess I'll just turn that part of me off lol
If it helps, use JF2018. That coupon code will get you 8% off. I've used it multiple times recently, including yesterday.

Reactions: D M and jordans05tj
What concerns me also is the Z bend hitting the spring perch or the TB. With it flipped, the high spot will be facing up. Even if you bump to 33's in the future, I think you'd be just fine with BMB pads/Centric rotors vs. the BBK. I've ran both, and yes, the BBK is next level braking, but it comes with a price tag.
When I install the new 30 I'll be mocking everything up before I do any drilling of the knuckle. I didn't think about the bend, so I'll report back once I do!

Reactions: bobthetj03
If it helps, use JF2018. That coupon code will get you 8% off. I've used it multiple times recently, including yesterday.
Well I already ordered it, I'm using tax return money I wasn't too attached to it anyway lol. I ordered the t case shifter at 10:44 and had shipping info for it at 12:44, seems like they're on top of it.

Reactions: D M, L J and Irun
Well I already ordered it, I'm using tax return money I wasn't too attached to it anyway lol. I ordered the t case shifter at 10:44 and had shipping info for it at 12:44, seems like they're on top of it.
You won't regret it. BTW, he shifter is very nice and you'll be wondering why you didn't switch to it sooner!

Reactions: jordans05tj
You won't regret it. BTW, he shifter is very nice and you'll be wondering why you didn't switch to it sooner!
I'm looking forward to getting it in and getting this whole build done with.

This is a question to anybody, but will putting the motor mount lift on with the body lift/shifter by itself cause any issues? I'm going to do the suspension in another couple weeks but I want to be able to drive it with the body lift and MML in the meantime, I assume I'll just loosen the bolts on the tcase skid while installing and there won't be any driveshaft issues

Got my birthday present a little early. I've been using a cheap 110 HF welder for years and couldn't really use it for anything significant. If I had to do anything major, I'd have to call in a buddy. Now I have my first quality MIG welder. Can't wait to practice with it!

20210224_181104.jpg

Last edited:

I used that coupon code once and while I got the discount, the shipping amount changed to a higher amount than what it was before I put the code in. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Picked up a 80 cu ft bottle for the new welder today and set everything up. I didn't get a chance to try it out, but hope to do so tomorrow. I do need to get a small welding table, so I'll probably start with one from HF.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
[email protected] quoted me good price on Savvy parts with reasonable shipping. I’ve seen posts that @Garza can do same. I bought my Savvy t-case shifter through Amazon same price as Savvy website, free shipping.
For the shifter savvy had a free shipping code for it in the description, so I ordered it separately. I was mainly griping about the shipping for body lift and MML

Reactions: voodooridr and Irun
The bend orientation won’t be any different than normal, it will just sit an inch higher on the drivers side. The only part that actually flips is the tie rod end rotates 180 to mount down on the knuckle

Reactions: Irun and bobthetj03