A lesson learned—keep it light and nimble!

I used the PSC cooler for the trans and power steering. It sits nicely behind the grill and works well. I have a B&M gauge to install but I’m waiting to drop the pan to install it. I thought about just putting it in the return line but wasn’t sure it would give me an accurate reading.

Reactions: Irun
I used the PSC cooler for the trans and power steering. It sits nicely behind the grill and works well. I have a B&M gauge to install but I’m waiting to drop the pan to install it. I thought about just putting it in the return line but wasn’t sure it would give me an accurate reading.
Here's a write up on one I did. I just replaced the pan with a Dorman version, which has a drain plug. In my case I used an adapter to install the sensor into the pan. It has worked perfectly for me. The part numbers are in here:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/installing-a-transmission-temperature-guage-in-a-42rle.28410/

Reactions: Lax22
Until you have that gauge working, you have no idea how well it works or doesn't. That and the sender goes in the pan.

Reactions: Lax22 and Irun
OEM radiator
20210416_205006_HDR.jpg

New Mopar radiator
20210416_205035.jpg

Not letting that slow me down, I installed a very low miles Mopar alternator, new pulleys, fan belt, etc. And, got the B&M transmission and PSC power steering coolers in. I had to go through numerous test fits before clearing the grill and condenser.

20210418_182209.jpg

20210418_182234.jpg

Was hoping to finish up the A/C system refresh yesterday. However, when I pulled the new condenser out of the box and inspected it, I found this

View attachment 244936
I was a quality engineer at a company that manufactured AC lines, it was a shitty company and we had all sorts of problems with braze rings while I was there. If we were able to find these defects I'm amazed they made it to your shop. Is that a mopar part?

No. Spectra. Very poor quality!
Well I know to avoid their stuff now lol. That's a braze ring that didn't break down, happens all the time but a decent quality program would catch it. If the torches on the braze machine aren't set perfectly you'll have those kinds of issues

Any idea where to mount the PSC cooler if I didnt have space to mount it horizontally in the grill? Mount it vertically to a side?

View attachment 244943
Definitely looks like the cooler you have is on the large size. I'd probably get a different cooler, or, if that's not an option, see if there's a place on the frame you could use. FWIW, this is why I used the B&M 70264. It was the largest I could fit and still run the 16" PSC cooler in the grill.

Reactions: Wildman
Progressing slowly. Went to install the transmission temperature guage and discovered Amazon made a mistake in my order. I bought a autometer 2267 adapter for the pan and they sent a 2277.

Moving forward, I installed the Daystar boot on the blokout plate. I also painted a tan Tuffy console I had and installed the guage.

20210419_180157.jpg

20210419_180412.jpg

20210419_180436.jpg

20210419_191910.jpg

20210419_191946.jpg

20210419_193452.jpg