A lesson learned—keep it light and nimble!

Why does no one hear me preaching the values of cutting brakes! LJ with cutting brakes + Atlas can turn circles around TJs without (when used appropriately). AS an LJ owner, i do think its a much radder platform but if the choice is LJ to cruise or TJ to wheel, brother, TJ all day everyday. Seems like you could park the LJ and keep it as a retirement investment and just sell it when you need the cash. They are not getting any easier to find, especially if it's clean and stock.
Preachin’ to the choir, Dude, preachin’ to the choir….

(OK - it may be a choir of 1 🙃)

The wife picked up another Jeep for me. Mods are already being planned! ;)

20211114_164435.jpg

Why does no one hear me preaching the values of cutting brakes! LJ with cutting brakes + Atlas can turn circles around TJs without (when used appropriately). AS an LJ owner, i do think its a much radder platform but if the choice is LJ to cruise or TJ to wheel, brother, TJ all day everyday. Seems like you could park the LJ and keep it as a retirement investment and just sell it when you need the cash. They are not getting any easier to find, especially if it's clean and stock.
Put another way, if you don't mind spending 5 grand, tons of hours and winding up with the world's ugliest center console, you can overcome the TJ Unlimited wheelbase issue and get close to a TJ in turning ability.

• Love
Reactions: B00mb00m and Irun
Diggin that fire in the background 👍

My wife claims to be allergic to Christmas trees so no fun for me.
The fire pit is a recent addition. One of the many things taking up all my free time. I installed a Breeo stainless steel fire pit and it's a fantastic product, made in PA.

https://breeo.co/?optimizeId=957171...MIwcXExrea9AIVQ8yzCh3Z2QiYEAAYASAAEgJBr_D_BwE
Since my wife grew up in NYC, and never had a real Christmas tree, I added a 5' Baby Blue Spruce, so we can decorate it during the holidays.

I reckon the fire was for Irun to burn his todo sheet for the LJ.
You're not to far off, especially after this weekend. I won't talk about that just yet though! :mad:

• Wow
Reactions: UKTJ
Reactions: Tob and UKTJ
Reactions: Wildman and Irun
Did you not do the Savvy 1.25" body lift as well as the suspension lift? Maybe it is not in the list as it is not front end specific?

I'm pretty sure that he did. This thread is well worth the read if you have the time to get thru all of it. And a lot of great information to boot.

I'm pretty sure that he did. This thread is well worth the read if you have the time to get thru all of it. And a lot of great information to boot.
Have read it all as it was documented. Just up to page 20 trying to skim to confirm on the body lift when I saw the bell icon for your post, lol.

Annoying I don't seem to be able to search for a post with body lift from Irun, it gives me all posts with body or lift in, which does not narrow it down much, lol. What would be a great feature is if you could get a view of the thread with only the OP's posts and cut out what must be 30 pages of chat, which was fun at the time but now just gets in the way when you are trying to use the thead as a reference - but first world problems and all that!

Reactions: Irun