A lesson learned—keep it light and nimble!

I further elaborate. The bigger tires match the stance SO much better than the 31's. This is kinda the build I was going for when I did my first lift on my jeep. I didn't spend enough time ciphering...and now I'm on the path of 35's. I like the smaller build and for 90% of my wheeling, it would be plenty of Jeep...when I start hitting the bucket list and going out west...I want the bigger build.

But dang....this looks just right in my eyes.
I'm with Mike on this. That is a well-balanced looking rig and as you ALWAYS do it's a very detailed and great looking job.
Thanks! This turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Yes, I can no longer claim a 31" tire build, but the lack of a 15" wheel offset and backspace that works with the hub kit forced me to seek other options. It just happened that someone I met on another forum had a set of wheels and new tires he was pulling to run 37s. The deal was to good to pass up.

That said, I too like the overall stance. I'm still fixated on a tire smaller than 33" tall and and a maximum 10.5" wide. The 255/75R17 came in at a true 32" tall and 10" wide, which seems to balance the overall build.

My belly height is now 15" and the tires are tucked in where they should be. Also, with the current 8" shock travel setup, there is no interference with suspension or body parts. It's not a radical build, but it is one I'd be comfortable taking on some challenging trails. Now I just need to leave it alone and see if it sells! ;)

Thanks! This turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Yes, I can no longer claim a 31" tire build, but the lack of a 15" wheel offset and backspace that works with the hub kit forced me to seek other options. It just happened that someone I met on another forum had a set of wheels and new tires he was pulling to run 37s. The deal was to good to pass up.

That said, I too like the overall stance. I'm still fixated on a tire smaller than 33" tall and and a maximum 10.5" wide. The 255/75R17 came in at a true 32" tall and 10" wide, which seems to balance the overall build.

My belly height is now 15" and the tires are tucked in where they should be. Also, with the current 8" shock travel setup, there is no interference with suspension or body parts. It's not a radical build, but it is one I'd be comfortable taking on some challenging trails. Now I just need to leave it alone and see if it sells! ;)

HATE to see you sell it but I also totally do understand the reasoning of why.

Reactions: Irun

My belly height is roughly the same on 35s… can’t wait to get this RC long arm and “tummy tuck” off. My current belly pan hangs pretty low. Hoping to get it up closer to 17” with a flat belly and massaging the tub if needed.

I was set up similar, suspension wise, but wanted more travel in the shocks. Once I started trying to crack 10" of travel with a 3" lift...it all went to heck. It was very difficult to get balanced without a TON of work (think cutting out and moving shock mounting positions). I figured if I was going to do that work, I might as well build it for 35's and 12" shocks. Same basic amount of work...

1649102038440.png

I have always thought 32"s look the best on CJ's, I think they are equally good looking on your rig...and I was surprised at how much I now like the look of those wheels on your TJ, well done!

Reactions: Irun and bobthetj03
I was set up similar, suspension wise, but wanted more travel in the shocks. Once I started trying to crack 10" of travel with a 3" lift...it all went to heck. It was very difficult to get balanced without a TON of work (think cutting out and moving shock mounting positions). I figured if I was going to do that work, I might as well build it for 35's and 12" shocks. Same basic amount of work...

View attachment 320671
That is the slippery slope we find ourselves sliding down. If I ever were to build to a bigger tire, I'd stop at 33" tires for a TJ and 35" for an LJ. I'd shoot for a 10 - 11 inch shock travel on either. Then, target an 18" belly height on the TJ and 19"+ on the LJ. Both of those would take me almost anywhere I'd want to wheel. I have no problem giving hard lines a try, but also am not afraid to take something easier, if it's available or smarter. ;)

Looks fantastic, but can't understant why you are still working on it when it is up for sale.
It's not right and I want it right when sold. Plus, I got a stupid good deal on the wheels, with basically 5 new tires. When I sell the wheels I pulled off mine, I'll be money ahead. Likely the most important factor, I'm going to enjoy driving while I have it. The overall stance and drivability is improved.

It's not right and I want it right when sold. Plus, I got a stupid good deal on the wheels, with basically 5 new tires. When I sell the wheels I pulled off mine, I'll be money ahead. Likely the most important factor, I'm going to enjoy driving while I have it. The overall stance and drivability is improved.
It is still your Jeep.

Not much happening with Jeeps now, because we've been super busy with Easter and family coming. This time of year is a big deal to us, so my wife and I kicked off a significant Spring cleaning this weekend. While doing so we came across several boxes of these. I've lost count of the total number of races we've run. However, I do know that, between the two of us, we're easily north of 120 Marathons and halfs. Although, I've had to hang up my distance running shoes temporarily, the time commitment is significant, I do still enjoy a short 30 to 60 minute run. With warmer weather here, I'm looking forward to training for another half, and possibly more! 🏃‍♂️

20220410_095505.jpg

Not much happening with Jeeps now, because we've been super busy with Easter and family coming. This time of year is a big deal to us, so my wife and I kicked off a significant Spring cleaning this weekend. While doing so we came across several boxes of these. I've lost count of the total number of races we've run. However, I do know that, between the two of us, we're easily north of 120 Marathons and halfs. Although, I've had to hang up my distance running shoes temporarily, the time commitment is significant, I do still enjoy a short 30 to 60 minute run. With warmer weather here, I'm looking forward to training for another half, and possibly more! 🏃‍♂️

View attachment 321810

WOW.... I use to enjoy running too but only ever did a few "Fun Runs".