A lesson learned—keep it light and nimble!

Does anyone have an idea of when savvy is going to start making these again?

Based on what little I can glean from the gent that makes them, I suspect it will be a very long time to almost never. Two things are not in favor, his health and the fact that an order hasn't been place for them for a very long time. Not a top seller.

Based on what little I can glean from the gent that makes them, I suspect it will be a very long time to almost never. Two things are not in favor, his health and the fact that an order hasn't been place for them for a very long time. Not a top seller.

Sucks for us TJ lovers, but more for the craftsman and his friends and family. I know old guys always feels this way, but it seems like artisans are fading from the world 🙁

I'm saddened by both the things you described. I'm a little surprised that more people did not buy those.

This was one the few items that is in my "OMG, I absolutely want it" list. It's more a desire than a need, but sometimes the heart wants what it wants irrespective of what the brain says.

Last edited:
Sucks for us TJ lovers, but more for the craftsman and his friends and family. I know old guys always feels this way, but it seems like artisans are fading from the world 🙁

They really are. The good ones are already very difficult to discover.

I am friends with a guy whose dad could repair any watch, irrespective of complexity and seemingly magically bring things back to life even if they seem too far gone to rescue. I've watched him work and the level of patience and dexterity and skill and knowledge you need is nothing short of miraculous. He did it more for the art than for the money. He passed away due to covid and it was real loss in more ways than one. I used to visit them whenever I traveled to Florida. He was a wonderful and wise gent to hang out with and I will miss him.

Last edited:

I am friends with a guy whose dad could repair any watch, irrespective of complexity and seemingly magically bring things back to life even if they seem too far gone to rescue. I've watched him work and the level of patience and dexterity and skill and knowledge you need is nothing short of miraculous. He did it more for the art than for the money. He passed away due to covid and it was real loss in more ways than one. Wonderful gent to hang out with and I will miss him.

That’s a gut punch. And that’s what I mean. People who enjoy the art of what they do are hard to find. Yes, we all need to make a living, but doing it for the pleasure of what you‘ve produced is so satisfying.

Reactions: CV04TJR and Irun

I am friends with a guy whose dad could repair any watch, irrespective of complexity and seemingly magically bring things back to life even if they seem too far gone to rescue. I've watched him work and the level of patience and dexterity and skill and knowledge you need is nothing short of miraculous. He did it more for the art than for the money. He passed away due to covid and it was real loss in more ways than one. I used to visit them whenever I traveled to Florida. He was a wonderful and wise gent to hang out with and I will miss him.

I know this feeling. A long time friend recently passed. He was the definition of a servant leader. Someone I wished I could be more like!

Reactions: CV04TJR and Woodrow
I'm saddened by both the things you described. I'm a little surprised that more people did not buy those.

This was one the few items that is in my "OMG, I absolutely want it" list. It's more a desire than a need, but sometimes the heart wants what it wants irrespective of what the brain says.
This is one of those items you don't realize you need, until it's not available. If one isn't available for my LJ, I will be looking for a used one for a very long time! :(

That's terrible news. I was crossing my fingers he had a turn for the better when it sounded like his son was going to start helping out. I was hoping I'd get to avoid making some sliders out of aluminum flat bar since they certainly won't look as clean. I'm sure you could make them look great but my skills are far less.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Irun

That's kind of the way I feel about the Air Actuated Swaylock vs manual

" It's more a desire than a need, but sometimes the heart wants what it wants irrespective of what the brain says."

🤣

swayloc-00.jpg

That's kind of the way I feel about the Air Actuated Swaylock vs manual

" It's more a desire than a need, but sometimes the heart wants what it wants irrespective of what the brain says."

🤣

View attachment 338153

The heart wants what it wants is exactly why I ended up with a set of savvy taillights.

I like the slimmer profile and have been eyeing them myself!

Don't wait! They are expensive for a reason...There is a lot of machining that goes into the housing to make the fit as clean as it is. Plus the anodizing that is specified is the type that is safe against UV...that is also very expensive but it won't fade to purple in the sunshine. Very Nice product.