A list of American companies we need to be buying from to help them survive

I made a list of the manufacturers that have been mentioned in this thread and sorted them by product type; I also included their website. I apologize if I missed any. I hope this helps in everyone's pursuit to support American Made.

Attachments

• Jeep-made in USA.pdf
    91.6 KB · Views: 293
Winches scare me. I don't wheel much and I've never used mine. If I had to do it again, I would purchase a set of Maxxtrax instead of my winch. But I did learn a little bit about safety here. Even if it was off topic.

As far as AEV outsourcing to China. I'm pretty sure they have stated it was because nobody in the USA made wheels in the USA anymore. But if Trailready was infact making wheels in the USA, that would explain any arguments they were having. I think the rest of their stuff is still made in USA, but I could be wrong. I would surely think that things like the new boran steel pieces are made here since it is pretty new technology they are using.

Winches scare me. I don't wheel much and I've never used mine. If I had to do it again, I would purchase a set of Maxxtrax instead of my winch. But I did learn a little bit about safety here. Even if it was off topic.

As far as AEV outsourcing to China. I'm pretty sure they have stated it was because nobody in the USA made wheels in the USA anymore. But if Trailready was infact making wheels in the USA, that would explain any arguments they were having. I think the rest of their stuff is still made in USA, but I could be wrong. I would surely think that things like the new boran steel pieces are made here since it is pretty new technology they are using.

TrailReady addresses and calls out Raceline explanation in post #36 in this thread about choosing to build wheels in China.

TR wheels still builds their forgings here in the USA through Weld Racing, which carries quite the name and reputation in drag racing wheels.

AEV had a lot of issues with chinese wheels cracking once they chose to move their manufacturing to China. There is actually a member here who has 3 AEV wheels that are cracked. It’s importsnt to not that therr are not that many “hardcore,” wheelers here. So it’s not like their wheels are cracking from hardcore rock crawling...

I highlighted it all here.
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/beadlock-wheels-that-are-made-in-the-usa.16780/
Edited for corrections.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaddyZSmith
Their explanation was about as clear as mud in this thread.
TrailReady addresses and calls out AEV’s explanation in post #36 in that same thread.

Straight from the sources.TR wheels still builds their forgings here in the USA through Weld Racing, which carries quite the name and reputation in drag racing wheels.

AEV had a lot of issues with chinese wheels cracking once they chose to move their manufacturing to China. There is actually a member here who has 3 AEV wheels that are cracked. It’s importsnt to not that therr are not that many “hardcore,” wheelers here. So it’s not like their wheels are cracking from hardcore rock crawling...

I highlighted it all here.
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/beadlock-wheels-that-are-made-in-the-usa.16780/

No mention of AEV in that Pirate thread. But I did see the guy from TrailReady call out Raceline. The 2nd thread with the link over to the AEV forums clearly has Dave Harriton explaining why they made the AEV wheels in China. No arguement about that or that AEV has had some issues with wheels cracking. Which is really sad for a $250 wheel when Quadratec sells similar made in china wheels for $100.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
No mention of AEV in that Pirate thread. But I did see the guy from TrailReady call out Raceline. The 2nd thread with the link over to the AEV forums clearly has Dave Harriton explaining why they made the AEV wheels in China. No arguement about that or that AEV has had some issues with wheels cracking. Which is really sad for a $250 wheel when Quadratec sells similar made in china wheels for $100.
Thanks for the correction.

Reactions: Fargo
Thanks for the correction.

I will grant you that in reading that comment it does appear that AEV didn't looked as hard as they said they did to find an American wheel manufacturer. Unless TR was unable to handle the quantity of wheels AEV needed. But I suspect, like others, AEV was just looking for an excuse to manufacturer a cheaper wheel so they could have a little more profit margin.

I was not aware that AEV was wanting TR to build their cast wheels..

No, don't get me wrong. I don't want to start any rumors here. I have no idea if AEV ever talked to TR.

I was just commenting on the thread at the AEV forum where AEV Dave said he looked hard to find an American wheel manufacturer but couldn't find anyone. Here is the quote from that thread: "their are no more US based companies (that I'm aware of, and I've looked hard) that will do low volume wheels like Hutchinson, AEV, Walker, etc...low volume meaning not an OE program for one of the automakers. American Racing and Prime both have cast wheel plants in the US, but they are for OE programs only. Alcoa did have a cast wheel plant here, but shut it down last year."

So the way I see it, Dave must have ran into one of three possible problems when searching for a USA wheel manufacturer. Either 1) Dave didn't look as hard as he could have if he never came across Trail Ready USA built wheels 2) TR couldn't produce the volume Dave was looking for or 3) TR wheels are no more American made than anyone else.

I'm not faulting AEV. I'm sure they looked for a USA wheel manufacturer. But for whatever reason they never found one that met their needs. Its possible they talked to TR and they couldn't help them or maybe there was never a conversation. I have no idea. I was just surprised to see that someone is making wheels in the USA when AEV said they couldn't find anyone to build a wheel for them. But there could be a lot of reasons why. I should not have speculated on things I know nothing about. Sorry.

Reactions: DaddyZSmith
TR couldn't produce the volume Dave was looking for
TR was having their wheels cast in the USA but not in house. They went to someone who works on casting wheels everyday. So they couldn't have cast wheels for AEV. Now did AEV talk to the casting manufacture that TR was using? Thats the real question. And I doubt TR would allow their source to cast wheels for the, “competition.”

I have read that TR is no longer casting wheels the same way they used too. But like I mentioned earlier, I am fairly certain that they use Weld Racing forgings for their forged stuff.

... did AEV talk to the casting manufacture that TR was using? Thats the real question. And I doubt TR would allow their source to cast wheels for the, “competition.”

I think there is a good chance the manufacturer for TR wheels has a 'no compete agreement' with them and couldn't have forged wheels for AEV. There is lots of stuff like that in business. I know AEV tries to source all USA built stuff when they can. I guess it doesn't matter at this point. That decision was made by AEV a long time ago. But I believe everything else is made in USA. AEV is my top choice for a lift if I ever get a JK or JL.