A list of American companies we need to be buying from to help them survive

I'm just trying to point out that being American made isn't enough to put a company on a pedestal. Why are we "saving" a business like Factor 55, again? Is it because they make a good product line, or is it because they are popular?
I was defending (playing devil’s advocate) the notion that some companies make silly decisions based off of customer’s request.

I'm just trying to point out that being American made isn't enough to put a company on a pedestal. Why are we "saving" a business like Factor 55, again? Is it because they make a good product line, or is it because they are popular?

I’m not sure they need “saving” now. Just carrying the Warn name should be enough to ensure they have an everlasting place in the bumper jewelry department 😜

Also, if you’re going to purchase anything on Amazon whatsoever, help out this website by making the purchases through Amazon links on this forum so I can keep it running.

I am not kidding when I say I’ve already taken a hit 😐

I don't like "hypocrisy". Amazon is where the majority of my purchases and I go to Walmart for my rigs basic needs.

They did, very early on. Then no one bought the version with the wider bump out turned into a step. But very much unlike Factor 55, Savvy making their sliders wider wasn't endangering people's lives or misleading their customers about how sliders work.
How is that Factor 55 is endangering peoples lives ?

By encouraging unsafe rigging through their winch jewelry.
How it any more unsafe than the hook that came with my warn winch ?

FlatLink-E-Yellow-and-Gray-2-680x510.jpg

s-l640.jpg

I would speculate that the reason for sending manufacturing overseas is to have a product made cheaper.
Yes and no. Yes the cost is less but the overall deciding factor the vast majority of the time is US costs continually go up so companies start looking for ways to hold prices down or price themselves out of the market. That typically means finding a way to cut costs.

When thinking China, it usually means cheaper labor and materials, correct?
Generally the labor is cheaper. Prices for materials are fairly universal for apples to apples comparisons.

Which should result in a cheaper asking price, correct?
Sometimes, or other times it is to keep the same price.

Speaking of purpose made. Seems similar to when Savvy caved to a constant barrage of customer’s request for a, “step,” added to their slider. And they did, didn't they? Even though the mind behind it was against it from the beginning.
Yeah, that was a throw rocks and spit nails fucking episode. Make us a step or we aren't going to buy anything from Savvy. No, steps are for folks who don't need a rock rail that does what these do. Make us a step or fuck off. Alright, here you go, a step just so you'll be quiet and at least buy the other good stuff and I even designed it so you can take it off and put on a proper slider.

Crickets, IIRC, one set sold, G gave the rest of them away after 4 or 5 years of moving them around the shop.

Reactions: Chris