A Modest Plea

If you must have light bars on your rig, please don’t try to validate the money you spent on them by lighting them up on city roads in the middle of the afternoon.

Leave that to the douchey JK/JL drivers like the one I saw earlier this afternoon.
Yeah, I mod / upgraded mine too, was sucked into the JK mall crawlers when I live in IA.
They also have the headlight changing colors set with the phone apps.

Threads like this make me glad I live in rural Alabama where people are more concerned about simply keeping their vehicle running long enough to get them back and fort to work rather than being concerned about lighting douchbaggery. :)

Reactions: DEValken
I have forward and reverse spot lights. I keep them covered at all times unless I actually expect to use them off-road which I rarely do in the dark except when setting up a camp site. Surely blinding someone is illegal everywhere.

Reactions: Jeffreybomb
Back around 2014 I was blinded by the first light bar I ever noticed. It was a sunny afternoon, I was driving away from the sun and the brightest 18" lightbar aimed higher than high beams was driving the other way. Blinded may be a minor exaggeration but between my variable tint glasses already being dark and a hazy windshield from a bad wiper that light bar certainly didn't help.

I ended up seeing that light almost every day for a couple years. Usually in the morning, never at night. It was some old guy in an old pickup truck. I have no idea how it helped him see, I kinda just think he wanted to prove what an asshole he was because the second or third time I saw him, I flashed my high beams and he flipped me off. He got to see my high beams every day after that.