A new beginning

Rooster

TJ Enthusiast
I wanted a TJ sooner or later but I told myself I'd buy cheap and build it up. I found this one and truly, every alarm in the world should have gone off but I bought it anyway and began the long walk down the rough road. I should have named it "Problem Child" but, I insisted on naming it Rooster in honor of my little brother's jeep (he had a CJ named Rooster that he wanted to rebuild but, unfortunately, he passed away before ever getting it done). For what I thought was a decent buy in at the time, I took the jeep motto to task (Jeep= just empty every pocket) and built a budget trail rig. I'm sure I'll continue to throw more money at it but, for now, it will keep me amused (and confused) while I totally restore my beloved 1977 CJ-7. So, thanks for all the info from all you guys who have helped along the way (including talking me out of setting it on fire) and I'm sure you'll hear about Rooster again.
20181127_131443.jpg
20190807_130642.jpg
20181209_194949.jpg
20190128_200355.jpg
20190515_130708.jpg
20190709_185235.jpg
20190807_125648.jpg

Took him out today down here in Florida- brutally hot, but we made it through. Had two episodes of the flashing CEL today and the popular consensus was that #3 injector cooking off in the heat and throwing the light. I'll be insulating all the injectors soon.

20190810_152004.jpg

Yep, definitely insulate those injectors for sure, that should do the truck.

Looks like a great rig though. Does Florida have a lot of beaches where you can drive on them? Up here in Oregon there's only a few, and you can only drive for a very short distance on them unfortunately.

Yep, definitely insulate those injectors for sure, that should do the truck.

Looks like a great rig though. Does Florida have a lot of beaches where you can drive on them? Up here in Oregon there's only a few, and you can only drive for a very short distance on them unfortunately.
We are VERY fortunate to still have good stretches of beach to drive on including the world famous Daytona Beach but, the do gooders and hoity toity Beach home owners who think their property extends to the horizon line, think the beaches should be closed to everyone and everything. It is a constant battle to keep the beaches open to public use.
20190515_130738.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: Chris
We are VERY fortunate to still have good stretches of beach to drive on including the world famous Daytona Beach but, the do gooders and hoity toity Beach home owners who think their property extends to the horizon line, think the beaches should be closed to everyone and everything. It is a constant battle to keep the beaches open to public use.

That stinks that it’s a constant battle. That’s the reason we can’t drive on most of the beaches here, because the property owners think the exact same thing. Really pisses me off!