A New Old Jeeper

1904-06LJR

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hello everyone. Been crawling around in the dirt since....well, since I learned how to crawl I guess. Longtime owner of an XJ that I built from a stocker to a rig capable of running the Rubicon, Deer Valley, Slickrock, Calico, Big Bear, etc. All California trails and she walks all over them.

During a recent rebuild of yet some even more stuff I didn't like on the XJ, I found a 2006 LJR , flame red with black interior, and 82k miles on the ticker. That's right...I called it an LJR and not a TJU, hahaha. Like every XJ owner who maybe won't admit it...I wanted doors and tops that came off in the summer. So I bought my "unicorn." This forum is awesome (NAXJA ain't bad either...). I'm not a big message poster, more a reader, but thought I'd post this one so it doesn't look like I'm trolling. I've found the biggest difference between the XJ and the LJ is Jeep definitely engineered these Wranglers for off roading. Amazing some of the thought they put into them.

Thank you to everyone for all the insightful info so far and look forward to reading up on more.

Well, at least you’re out of the shadows so we know who one of the lurkers is 🤣

Welcome to the forum though! Sounds like you scored with that nice TJ Unlimited Rubicon (see what I did there ;) )!

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj
Well, at least you’re out of the shadows so we know who one of the lurkers is 🤣

Welcome to the forum though! Sounds like you scored with that nice TJ Unlimited Rubicon (see what I did there ;) )!
How do we know he scored? I don't see any pics of an LJR or TJU...without pics it didn't happen. 😎

When I drove up, I saw this. I'm pretty sure the window rolled down and it called my name...then I pee'd a little and knew it had to be.

IMG_6876.jpg

Nice tj, I also have a red jeep, I'm trying to find so cal jeepers to go wheeling with on trail rides, trips and adventures . I've been mostly wheeling alone would be nice to meet other enthusiasts,

Reactions: DrDmoney
Nice tj, I also have a red jeep, I'm trying to find so cal jeepers to go wheeling with on trail rides, trips and adventures . I've been mostly wheeling alone would be nice to meet other enthusiasts,

Hey there... I suggest searching for local clubs in your area. Meet some bigger groups first and make some friendships there. The Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari is next weekend (Feb 28-29). I'd plan a day to just drive out there and start to mingle. I think a guy from Notarubicon suggested an easy run for you too. That's pretty much how I started back in the day. It won't be hard to make those connections. Cal 4 Wheel is also a good resource for local runs.

Hey there... I suggest searching for local clubs in your area. Meet some bigger groups first and make some friendships there. The Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari is next weekend (Feb 28-29). I'd plan a day to just drive out there and start to mingle. I think a guy from Notarubicon suggested an easy run for you too. That's pretty much how I started back in the day. It won't be hard to make those connections. Cal 4 Wheel is also a good resource for local runs.
Hi, yep I'm planning on heading to tds Safari, leaving early sat morning, I grew up here in SD, left in my 20s now I'm back in my 60s, I've been 4 wheeling n camping my whole life , always been my passion , owned many 4 wheel vehicles, always have at least one. Maybe I'll see you out there someday , thanks for your response.