Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

A rear main seal that is giving me fits!

TJ Jim

TJ Enthusiast
The joke being that the original seal that came in the vehicle is notorious for leaking? Or do you mean that people have problems after replacing the seal with a Mopar?
I think I’m kinda getting the joke now. 🙄

eastbloc

TJ Addict
2 years ago I did mine 3 or 4 times in the row with no luck, still had a slight leak that i learned to ignore.
Last fall, after not being driven for 5 month, oil leak got worse to the point of losing 1qt/1000 miles. Now i hope if i don't look, it will magically fix itself

TJJeepGregg

Mine had to be redone 3 times before they finally tried an OEM Mopar seal and it stopped leaking. I bought it from a dealership that essentially flips Jeeps. They said the RMS is basically part of their standard flip a TJ package as every single one they buy leaks there. So they do them day in and day out but mine for some reason wanted OEM before it would stop. It is a used car dealership/auto shop and I'm just going off of what they told me so take it with a grain of salt YMMV

OP
Irun

Irun

Jeep Addict
Supporting Member
Hey @Irun - you get your OPG/RMS fixed? What gasket did you try?
I was helping a buddy on his Jeep. We had already done the RMS 2X (with a FelPro RMS). This time we used the traditional FelPro OPG, but a Mopar RMS. My buddy reports no oil leaks so far. It's a weird one for me, because I've installed numerous FelPro RMS with no previous problems. :unsure:

Reactions: SkylinesSuck

pc1p

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I was helping a buddy on his Jeep. We had already done the RMS 2X (with a FelPro RMS). This time we used the traditional FelPro OPG, but a Mopar RMS. My buddy reports no oil leaks so far. It's a weird one for me, because I've installed numerous FelPro RMS with no previous problems. :unsure:
Same here - not just in Jeeps but in a handful of other vehicles with zero issues. I'm wondering if the FelPro part has had a retool or redesign, causing the issue. I ran into the same thing recently with Timken Dana 44 rear axle seals. I have never had a leaking Dana 44 axle seal and the last two I rebuilt with Timken seals have leaked, one right from the start and the other very shortly thereafter (one of those leaked twice!!). We moved to Spicer seals and never had a single issue in over a year.

Reactions: Irun