A rebuild of #miRustyJeep...

Finished checking through the engine harness tonight. Good thing I did. I found two more connectors with corrosion in the pins. One of the terminals was so bad I broke the wire trying to get it out of the connector...

1664501492522.png

1664501539685.png

Strangely, both of these connections were for the A/C system...One for the clutch and one was the high pressure switch. I also found the MAP sensor connector had a couple flip-flopped wires. Not sure if it was a difference from 03 to 04 (my harness came from an 03) but I'm glad I caught it. I repinned the connector and verified it on my jeep. I ordered a few terminals to repair the other wires and I should be able to "wrap" this up...(see what I did there, LOL).

On to the Main Harness!

I'm FINALLY done checking these harnesses. Went through, pin by pin, connector by connector. It was tedious and time consuming, but necessary, based on what I found. I also figured out I have a Canadian Harness with DRL...and my Jeep is an US spec Jeep without it. Not a huge deal, except I don't have the DRL module. I'm actually a fan of DRL so I'm planning on keeping it, if I can get the module somewhere. I'll check with Davey's monday. Already went though Ebay and found Dorman makes a repop, so I'll get on Rock Auto too.

I also took the opportunity to replace my battery cables. Went 2 ga on the Batt to PDC and grounds, 4 Ga on the starter and Alternator (due to not being able to get fusible link wire in 6 ga). Got the stuff from CE auto Electric Supply. Cost about 120 bucks all in and I was REALLY impressed with the cable and what not I got. Very high quality components, thick heat shrink, HD terminals and their wire is SUPER flexible.

Not a great picture...but these are all built and ready to be wrapped.

1665262259839.png

Reactions: rasband and Mike_H
Really clean work @Mike_H. It's hard enough to keep desktop computer wiring not be messy. This is a lot of hard work and the results speak for themselves.

You will fully know your jeep inside and out by the time you finish.

Reactions: Mike_H and rasband
Main harness is almost done. Ran out of time tonight

6ADE935A-6006-4E7C-8274-6F3DF99F3C4C.jpeg

8E65DFDF-2926-4D41-9B79-BD1DA5DD90EC.jpeg

Another unforeseen issue, A couple fuses in my PDC has gotten hot and melty. Biggest issue was one of the fuses lost its leg in a terminal and it was in the bus side (that doesn’t come apart)

So, after a trip to the local u-pull-it, I liberated a PDC from an 05 liberty. Exact same housing and layout. Came full of relays and fuses for 17 bucks.

Taking the parts I need
333EAF5D-C09E-4238-BBBC-56410FEB0A6F.jpeg

FF0A414D-E957-4BEC-9B16-010747FD708D.jpeg

And the broken terminal in my box
76517311-50B6-430A-AE9A-F6B74543856E.jpeg

Little bit of reconfiguring, and everything is back in order

Went wheeling today with my Jeep club. Fall color tour. Pretty nice day, spent 5 hours on the trail.

View attachment 367093

View attachment 367094

View attachment 367096

View attachment 367098

I managed to bend something along the way too. Hit a root on a rutted out climb. Not sure what happened, cuz I didn’t hit that hard, but this is what driving straight is right now

View attachment 367115

View attachment 367100

View attachment 367102

Wow beautiful colors!

Reactions: Mike_H
Went wheeling today with my Jeep club. Fall color tour. Pretty nice day, spent 5 hours on the trail.

View attachment 367093

View attachment 367094

View attachment 367096

View attachment 367098

I managed to bend something along the way too. Hit a root on a rutted out climb. Not sure what happened, cuz I didn’t hit that hard, but this is what driving straight is right now

View attachment 367115

View attachment 367100

View attachment 367102

Vibrant colors! Too warm this year for us to get anything like that here ☹️

I gotta visit Vermont during this time one of these years ..

Wonder what you hit to turn the steering wheel that far from normal ..

• Haha
Reactions: JMT
Vibrant colors! Too warm this year for us to get anything like that here ☹️

I gotta visit Vermont during this time one of these years ..

Wonder what you hit to turn the steering wheel that far from normal ..

Well it was a root shelf, about half as high as my tire. Stopped me cold. So, that’s a lot of force, even though I was moving slow.

View attachment 367093

View attachment 367094

View attachment 367096

View attachment 367098

View attachment 367115

View attachment 367100

View attachment 367102

Where did y’all meet up this morning? My wife and I passed a bunch of built Jeeps(some on trailers) in a parking lot this morning on our way to Davenport U to watch our son play football. Don’t remember where, maybe Caledonia or Hastings or thereabouts. It was early and we had been driving for 4 hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildman
Where did y’all meet up this morning? My wife and I passed a bunch of built Jeeps(some on trailers) in a parking lot this morning on our way to Davenport U to watch our son play football. Don’t remember where, maybe Caledonia or Hastings or thereabouts. It was early and we had been driving for 4 hours.

We met up in Mesick, so it wasn’t us.

Next time you’re in GR though, gimme a shout. Maybe we can meet for food or drinks!