A rebuild of #miRustyJeep...

Can’t sleep and I saw @Squatch posted!

Ok, modifying my statement: it is what it is in the rear. The front can be messed with.
My front can't be messed with...more correctly, it has been messed with and it shouldn't be messed with again. The rear...I need to put the same care and attention into that I did the front. Before I do that though, I need to finish my project making double adjustable lowers. I don't wish the pain of really setting arm length with single adjustable arms on anyone!

Reactions: Wildman and JMT
I don't wish the pain of really setting arm length with single adjustable arms on anyone!
You can say that again. As much adjusting as I’ve done I must have saved many hours. Love DA’s, even though they are MC’s. Just a few busted knuckles breaking the jamb nuts free.

Quick update on the beamtech LED bulbs I installed in my Cibie H4 housings. They are bright! The cutoff is pretty scattered though. I had a hard time aiming them. I'm afraid of what they must look like to others.

IMG_20211021_072404503.jpg

I'll be changing these for my go to Phillips 130%+ incandescent bulbs.

Reactions: bobthetj03
That's the bulbs I'm running in my E-code housings. Very precise cutoff with no dark spots. That and the harness upgrade helped a bunch.

Quick update on the beamtech LED bulbs I installed in my Cibie H4 housings. They are bright! The cutoff is pretty scattered though. I had a hard time aiming them. I'm afraid of what they must look like to others.

View attachment 285986

I'll be changing these for my go to Phillips 130%+ incandescent bulbs.
That’s an eerie looking photo.

Spent some time tonight monkeying with the jeep. Finally replaced my "get me home" repair on the wheel spacers. I ended up finding a warehouse deal on SpyderTrax adapters for about half price, so I replaced all of my others. Having the two side by side, I'm fairly convinced now that the spacers I got originally (From some company called Ecco on Amazon) are of fairly high quality. They are both hub centric and both fit about the same to the hubs.

I also installed a set of Centramatics. Up front, I put them behind the adapters.
iN4ty7hGsqBRNPPuddBdQ9IIA=w1107-h830-no?authuser=0.jpg

They look pretty ugly behind the wheels this way. I tried them with the "racetrack" toward the inside, but it interferes with the brake caliper. Out back, I placed them between the wheel and the adapter, with the racetrack in. Still ugly, but WAY better than the fronts. These will probably get switched around next time I take the tires off.

I also took some time to start chasing down some of the remaining little issues left over from my tub swap. I noticed the other day that my door seal was pinched and torn after I installed the hard top. So, tonight I realigned the door and got that working better. I also found my blower was only working on high...so I replaced the blower motor resistor. That was kind of a pain in the ass.

I've been noticing a rattle going over speed bumps and parking lot approaches in the last couple days. Found my tire carrier (I run the bestop version) had a couple bolts loosen up. So, I tightened those up and got that solid again...must be that 100 lb tire and wheel combo riding back there. Might need to come up with some sort of support from my receiver...

While the dash is apart, I'm going to take the time to re-route some of my wires. I didn't get all of them quite right and over the summer some of them have fallen down. Need to re-route and anchor them. Its mostly shit I've added, like speaker wire from my amp and the signal wires from my radio to the amp. Just a little more TLC needed.

Reactions: JMT and Wildman