A rebuild of #miRustyJeep...

All loaded up for a trip to the badlands this weekend. Looking forward to it for about 6 months now. First time towing the Jeep with the truck... It will be OK, by the numbers, but it's still pushing everything a bit more than I like. I wish the trailer was about 2 feet longer too. Would make weight distribution a bit better and make for better tie down locations. View attachment 331641

I have the same issue with my trailer but because it's short no one wants to borrow it. I make the front straps straight and have to cross the rears.

Have a great time and don't think the Jeep is going to break.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike_H
If it goes well, this is a pretty sweet combo. If I break the Jeep, I can move my flag to the truck and wheel that. It has lockers front and rear, off-road mode, an auto, and about 2x the power of the Jeep! Crappy rear overhang though. It would be just like driving an LJ, lol
That would make for an interesting wheeling report. I hope you don't break the Jeep... but if you do I'm excited to see pics of your Colorado wheeling the Badlands! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: psrivats and Mike_H
Hoping this all goes well! Great job on the gears and nice catch on the bearing pre-load. Frustrating but done now. Have a great trip. Wish I was going.

Reactions: SvtLdr and Mike_H
Hoping this all goes well! Great job on the gears and nice catch on the bearing pre-load. Frustrating but done now. Have a great trip. Wish I was going.
@JMT, if you ever make it to the Badlands, I'd like to show you around!

Reactions: JMT
@JMT, if you ever make it to the Badlands, I'd like to show you around!
I’d love to come. That would be super nice of you! I’ll need to look up where it is! 🤣 I’ll be looking forward to Mike’s pics to see what it’s like.

EDIT:

EFFE93D8-6201-4770-8099-2A997BC50108.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • USA Proud
Reactions: SvtLdr and DrDmoney
I’d love to come. That would be super nice if you! I’ll need to look up where it is! 🤣 I’ll be looking forward to Mike’s pics to see what it’s like.

EDIT:

View attachment 331837
Loved the "busier than usual at this destination." That tells you you're headed to the right place!

Reactions: JMT and Wildman
Loved the "busier than usual at this destination." That tells you you're headed to the right place!
That’s the first thing I noticed! “Busier than usual.”

It wasn’t busy where I was. More like alone! 🤣
E8A2DBF1-BF5D-4017-8D6F-1AAE24DEE84B.jpeg
671186E9-CF6F-45BB-9269-8B385324A199.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: kmas0n and SvtLdr
Had some fun today. Got a late start due to weather, but ran around for a few hours in the afternoon.... May go back after dinner.

Things I've noticed... Holy crap, it's nice to have the right gears for your tires. 4 hi is usable again.

General grabbers are great tires. I can feel them hooking up. And even in LR E, they are flexing for me. I'm running about 11 psi.

The work I've done to get the rig balanced and the tires clear is paying off. I didn't rub tires at all today. That's a great feeling. This Jeep is starting to work really well. It's drama free and predicable.

This is
IMG_20220521_141754320_BURST000_COVER_COMP.jpg
IMG_20220521_141929762.jpg

This is a good feeling...congrats!
I think I jinxed myself with that comment, LOL. I nearly rolled it off a 4 foot ledge the next day! I was struggling with a climb...that everyone else was able to complete. So...you know how that goes. Gave it another shot and she slide sideways and dropped my drivers tire down the ledge...Like a sorority girl on Friday night...she was tipsy! Backed out of it with nothing hurt but my pride and confidence. I ended up circling back after a bit (and some success) ...and it climbed right up.

Couple of firsts for me this trip... First time I lost a bead. That driver's rear has been problematic lately...
IMG_20220522_182734029_HDR.jpg

And...I bumped my soft top off a tree. I made the climb easy -peasy the day before, but this time, it fought me. I think there was more traffic and it got dug out a bit. Anyway, I had to give a little more go pedal than I usually do and I just kissed the tree. I'm not the only one who's done it, and I'm sure I won't be the last...
The climb...
IMG_20220521_134419962.jpg

And the damage
IMG_20220523_100334164_HDR.jpg

Ordered a new top from sierra off-road. Went with black sailcloth this time...I have black uppers for my half doors, so that will save me from getting a set to match the spice I have now.

If anyone needs a good set of spice tinted windows, lemme know.

Oh...I washed and waxed the ol girl too.

IMG_20220524_172108624_HDR.jpg