A reminder to wire in an ignition kill switch

How about relocating the PCM to make it more time consuming and attention grabbing to get to? Stupid move on mfgs part to do that. Put it behind the glove compartment so they have to break inside and get into the dash, or under the seat oriented where the seat has to come out to get at the connectors.

How about relocating the PCM to make it more time consuming and attention grabbing to get to? Stupid move on mfgs part to do that. Put it behind the glove compartment so they have to break inside and get into the dash, or under the seat oriented where the seat has to come out to get at the connectors.

That would probably void your 80k$ trucks warranty

Reactions: Jezza

Probably too much work to relocate it. Many wires to deal with. It would probably be easier to install a plate with some safety torx, or maybe just riveted on. That would slow them down or make them move to a easier target. Theves are looking for the easiest opportunity with the least exposure.

That's why I was thinking a switch for the fuel pump, or starter interrupt circuit. I installed one on the LJ last night. It interrupts the fuel pump. Easy and cheap.

What I did on my diesel was did a magnetic auto switching on the PCM supply power, then a hidden manual switch on the starter relay supply. I didn’t want to do fuel pump because I had heard that can be not great for diesels.