A Story of Indecision and Frivolous Spending

I went with @bobthetj03 advice and ordered the Rokmen 1” body lift. I figure that will reduce the amount of bump stop I need, and put me at 5” lift total, which should be just right for 35s.

Guess you better save your 0.5" BL for me when I succumb to the epidemic scourge that is the dreaded butt crack, aka. "Buttcrackous Gapiosis Syndrome". There is no known cure at this juncture.

Guess you better save your 0.5" BL for me when I succumb to the epidemic scourge that is the dreaded butt crack, aka. "Buttcrackous Gapiosis Syndrome". There is no known cure at this juncture.

I'm on a path of no return, I'll tell you that. I guess I should just listen to everyone else... you may think you'll be fine with 31s and 2.5" of lift, but you'll eventually succumb to the dark side.

Here's some new photos, sans tire shine, haha!

IMG_1493.JPG

IMG_1494.JPG

IMG_1495.JPG

IMG_1496.JPG

IMG_1497.JPG

I'm on a path of no return, I'll tell you that. I guess I should just listen to everyone else... you may think you'll be fine with 31s and 2.5" of lift, but you'll eventually succumb to the dark side.

I'm already half way there with 3" of lift and 33's. Just gotta let the illness run its course, lol!

Reactions: psrivats and Chris
I'm already half way there with 3" of lift and 33's. Just gotta let the illness run its course, lol!

That's the spirt. At this point I'm at, I may as well just do like I had said early... take out a second mortgage and put a Hemi or a Cummins R28 in this thing, haha.

Reactions: psrivats and JMT
I'm proud of you bro! Looking good. No looking back!

Reactions: Chris and tomtaylz
The thing that really sticks out to me (besides the Pintlers) is the TT. I need to get me some of that, but it'll have to wait at this time.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
Have you thought about portal axles? Enabler, Ahem...:D

Reactions: Chris

I am happy with my 32s and 2.5" lift, but watching these build threads is what fuels everything lol. I just ordered a speedohealer.

I had to go back and look again at the TT. Drool!

How is noise level comparison between the KM2's and the DT's?

Noise level seems the same to me. The KM2s don't seem any louder by any means. That's with the top and doors off, so if they were loud and whiny like some of those MT tires are, I'd notice it!

The thing that really sticks out to me (besides the Pintlers) is the TT. I need to get me some of that, but it'll have to wait at this time.

I love the tummy tuck. Even from a purely cosmetic standpoint, it looks so much better.

Have you thought about portal axles? Enabler, Ahem...:D

I've thought about RockJock axles from Currie, haha. Why not add a RockJock 44 to the front so I can get that high pinion, right?

I love the tummy tuck. Even from a purely cosmetic standpoint, it looks so much better.

I've thought about RockJock axles from Currie, haha. Why not add a RockJock 44 to the front so I can get that high pinion, right?
Why not? Our diffs are the lowest thing on the Jeep and bigger tires or HP axles are the only thing that helps us there. I've scraped mine more than a few times...

Why not? Our diffs are the lowest thing on the Jeep and bigger tires or HP axles are the only thing that helps us there. I've scraped mine more than a few times...

I didn't even know what a Portal axle is until just now (just Googled it)... wow. Those things have to cost some serious money, right? I've never seen them on a Jeep before, even with some of the extreme builds we've go on here like @toximus. Wonder if there's a reason for that other than cost?

Reactions: JMT and DA RUNT