A Story of Indecision and Frivolous Spending

How did your painter do on matching the cowl?

He matched it damn near perfect. You can't even tell unless you get it in the perfect light, and even then, it's barely noticeable. Any difference can only be attributed to the factory paint fading from UV rays over the years.

I'm 99% sure my hard top has never been taken off though. It was stuck on there so hard I almost had to get a pry bar.

I'm usually good till about July, then triple digits here thru August. That's where the soft top comes in handy.

Amazing... the Jeep is noticeably taller after removing both doors and the hard top. It also is even lighter over bumps (these Ranchos are amazing).

In other news... installing that Lange Hoist-a-Top wasn't fun. I'd rather do another set of control arms any day over doing that again.

The crappy part is that my ceiling in my garage is just barely tall enough. The hoist a top only hangs the hard top about 6 inches off my TJ!

Man, I wish I had taller ceilings!

In other news... installing that Lange Hoist-a-Top wasn't fun. I'd rather do another set of control arms any day over doing that again.

The crappy part is that my ceiling in my garage is just barely tall enough. The hoist a top only hangs the hard top about 6 inches off my TJ!

Man, I wish I had taller ceilings!
I think Currie sells a variety of Ceiling Lift Kits... ;)

I think Currie sells a variety of Ceiling Lift Kits... ;)

Problem is, my ceiling is so low (and my Jeep is so tall), that at most I could get it up a couple inches more. What I really need is some sort of a hardtop cart on wheels. I could then place the hard top on the cart with a tarp over it, right on my RV pad outside (which is fenced off).

Problem is, my ceiling is so low (and my Jeep is so tall), that at most I could get it up a couple inches more. What I really need is some sort of a hardtop cart on wheels. I could then place the hard top on the cart with a tarp over it, right on my RV pad outside (which is fenced off).
You do know I was just being facetious, right? o_O You know..."lift kits"...?

I don't think I could work a hardtop lift into my garage. Like yours, it's fairly low. And I just know that having the top hanging there would be a magnet for my forehead.

Last edited:
This is my first full summer in Vegas and it was 106 Monday and my freaking mustache started sweating! This is surely hell
Oh right Henderson. I remember reading that somewhere. Ya buddy, it just gets better from here. It can get up to 120 in the heart of summer. I am not sure if it gets humid like here, but that is bittersweet. It is a sticky wet hot but usually 10 degrees cooler. So it is not as bad but it is sticky wet. I have a granny that lives in Henderson. We would go visit here and duck into Ceasers and give some money away.

The winters can't be beat though.

You do know I was just being facetious, right? o_O You know..."lift kits"...?

I don't think I could work a hardtop lift into my garage. Like yours, it's fairly low. And I just know that having the top hanging there would be a magnet for my forehead.

I missed the Currie part at first, that's why I took the reply seriously, haha.

I think this might end up being a magnet for my forehead, you're right!

Look at that nearly flat belly, I’m in love!

30F885E0-85C2-403D-9725-749653843E83.jpeg
B7E5E667-F5D5-4CF0-8375-D211E69F0B22.jpeg
DA056A31-8CD4-43D9-9E14-B6D0BA8F8541.jpeg

Perfect weather today in the Willamette Valley.

Chris, does your wife care if your kids ride in the TJ with no doors? My kids are 10 and 13, but it still freaks my wife out if the doors are off.

Reactions: ac_