A time to break down, and a time to build (the LJ) up

I reused the OEM cam sensor as recommended on the OPDA thread in Resources. It idled well but I’ll take it out tomorrow to see if I get any codes.

I want to see it with the khaki top. 👍🏼

It took over a year but I finally got the dark khaki soft uppers to match the soft top, so here’s that photo you requested:

image.jpg

After a bit more looking, it seems I’m dealing with the fact that Jeep redesigned the LJ Sunrider feature halfway through 2005. While my old windows are Rugged Ridge, the frame itself is almost certainly Factory, are are the surrounds. The door surrounds are the later design; the frame that came with the khaki top is the older design.

For now I’m going to leave the brackets/pins disconnected. It seems they’re only needed for the sunrider configuration, which I tried a few times and didn’t particularly like.

I resolved this issue by transferring the ‘05 khaki top fabric to my original ‘06 soft top frame.

I had an auto upholstery shop put a new zipper on the rear window, and got soft uppers to match, so I think I’m done with the exterior color scheme.