A TJ owner building up a JKU

Update.

I just installed my new rear bumper. Went with the Rock Hard 4x4 aluminum bumper, to match the front. Tomorrow I should receive the Teraflex hinged tire carrier. I plan on installing that this weekend.

Still trying to decide if I want to level or lift it.

Also showed my old TJ some love. Changes out the rear main seal finally.

Got the carrier installed.

dIjcg3M.jpg

Reactions: Artemis
Gonna lift it?

I want to do something. I’ve been looking at the Teraflex 1.5” leveling kits. Not sure if I’d want the spacer or coil spring kit. And maybe just go to 33’s.

But like you said, JKU looks so much better with 35’s. But with this being 3.73 gearing, I don’t know what that would be like. And I don’t want to spend the cash to regear.

Reactions: Starrs
I want to do something. I’ve been looking at the Teraflex 1.5” leveling kits. Not sure if I’d want the spacer or coil spring kit. And maybe just go to 33’s.

But like you said, JKU looks so much better with 35’s. But with this being 3.73 gearing, I don’t know what that would be like. And I don’t want to spend the cash to regear.
You only need 2” of lift to get 35s on the jks. Look into the Mopar hightop fenders. It’s the hiline version and pretty cool. You can put those on with no lift and fit 35s. 3.73s on a jk with 35s won’t be terrible but 4.10s is perfect. It’s amazing how different factory 4.10s ride on a jk vs a tj. Mind blowing. Seriously

You only need 2” of lift to get 35s on the jks. Look into the Mopar hightop fenders. It’s the hiline version and pretty cool. You can put those on with no lift and fit 35s. 3.73s on a jk with 35s won’t be terrible but 4.10s is perfect. It’s amazing how different factory 4.10s ride on a jk vs a tj. Mind blowing. Seriously

I’ll look those up.

I was reading you’d want 2.5” of lift for 35’s, without trimming the stock flares or getting flat fenders.

All this research and work on my JKU has me wanting to start a build thread on my TJ.

Nice Jeep and tasteful upgrades so far. I’m considering buying one (that color is one of the top choices too) to be my daily after the lease on my current daily is up in January.

I keep going back and forth but looking at yours swayed me back again...