A trio of LJ Rubicons

Status
Not open for further replies.

skrelnik

TJ Addict
Lifetime Supporting Member
Found a couple LJRs which I have no affiliation to. @Mike the Silver TJ

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ctd/d/league-city-rare-low-mileage-lj-2006/7060367592.html
Screenshot_20200121-185745.jpg

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/ctd/d/cleveland-2006-jeep-wrangler-2dr/7043683459.html
Screenshot_20200121-184658.jpgScreenshot_20200121-184628.jpg

https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/d/ludlow-2006-jeep-wrangler-lj/7056099032.html
Screenshot_20200121-184628.jpg

I really do appreciate it!

I love my TJ and want to replace it with an LJR but have some pretty high expectations since I have a nice Jeep now. That silver LJR in OK hit almost every detail I want:

-LJR (or LJ in the right configuration)
-Manual trans
-less than 100K miles
-stock or close to stock even though I plan to make some mods
-history of being out of the snow belt
-hard top (I will get a soft top also)
-silver is the favorite color but would easily accept red, black, midnight blue
-black interior (does Jeep call it agate?)

I have passed on a few really nice examples that were green exterior or tan interior

I've also been thinking I need to be less picky and buy one so I can move on. At this very moment I am wishing I bought a perfect Jeep for me, I let it go because of the auto trans.

I really do appreciate it!

I love my TJ and want to replace it with an LJR but have some pretty high expectations since I have a nice Jeep now. That silver LJR in OK hit almost every detail I want:

-LJR (or LJ in the right configuration)
-Manual trans
-less than 100K miles
-stock or close to stock even though I plan to make some mods
-history of being out of the snow belt
-hard top (I will get a soft top also)
-silver is the favorite color but would easily accept red, black, midnight blue
-black interior (does Jeep call it agate?)

I have passed on a few really nice examples that were green exterior or tan interior

I've also been thinking I need to be less picky and buy one so I can move on. At this very moment I am wishing I bought a perfect Jeep for me, I let it go because of the auto trans.

I enjoy looking for specific cars/Jeeps so I'll keep in mind what your list of wants is.

Do not settle, you will find your Jeep. My wife and I are very similar, we want specific details and we do hold out for the right vehicle. Patience is the key, and you will find the Jeep when you least expect it.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
What was your great deal? I recently bought an LJR myself and like to hear what others paid if you don't mind sharing.
Maybe not "great" deal, but certainly not bad:
2006 LJ Rubicon, 57k miles, Auto trans, AEV High Line hood & fenders, 3" lift, winch, tummy tuck, 35", bumpers, York air compressor with 2gal Viair tank, hard top, and virtually unused original soft top and several other little things that escape me: $19k

In my area, this was by far the best deal I'd seen after searching for several months..

Last edited:
Reactions: taylormade73
Maybe not "great" deal, but certainly not bad:
2006 LJ Rubicon, 57k miles, AEV High Line hood & fenders, 3" lift, winch, tummy tuck, 35", bumpers, York air compressor with 2gal Viair tank and several other little things that escape me: $19k

In my area, this was by far the best deal I'd seen after searching for several months..

I'd say that it was a good score. Those are some nice goodies for a low mileage LJR at that price. I got a pretty stock LJR with 80k, manual, and dual tops for the same price. I am in a high demand area though and it was a local buy.

I'd say that it was a good score. Those are some nice goodies for a low mileage LJR at that price. I got a pretty stock LJR with 80k, manual, and dual tops for the same price. I am in a high demand area though and it was a local buy.
Forgot .. ours came with hard top and a virtually brand new stock soft-top.

How's your rig handling the 35s with a 3" lift?
When we first picked it up it had some serious wobble between 47MPH and 56MPH .. but after a new wheel bearing, alignment, balance and rotation, it drives as good or better than my 2012 JKU on 37s .. Even with the new AntiRock that I just put on, it handles great.

What was your great deal? I recently bought an LJR myself and like to hear what others paid if you don't mind sharing.

I like hearing too, but that's because I haven't seen anyone beat my deal yet. 06 LJR 98k for $9000. Bought last April. Now on a currie 4 inch lift with 33s coming next week!

Reactions: texvet
I really need to stay off this forum, at least until we are all moved.

The loan officer told me not to go buying anything else until we close on the house... damn you guys!

This is a non-Rubi unlimited with 26k miles. If you pay cash the loan officer will not know of this purchase, and after you close on your house you can do a cash-out refi on the car through your credit union. 😈

Located in Wisconsin, could be close to @toximus

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-3/

Status
Not open for further replies.