A trio of LJ Rubicons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: taylormade73
This is a non-Rubi unlimited with 26k miles. If you pay cash the loan officer will not know of this purchase, and after you close on your house you can do a cash-out refi on the car through your credit union. 😈

Located in Wisconsin, could be close to @toximus

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-3/

Can't be black (I refuse to ever own a black vehicle again, haha), and I refuse to play the game those nut jobs to on BaT. That site is full of idiots who are willing to overpay for anything just because of the "nostalgia" factor, haha.

Plus, the cash I have in my bank right now is for the deposit on the new house ;)

Reactions: skrelnik
It looks like somebody painted over rust. You can see a lot of over spray on the underside of the tub where they painted the rear axle.

Did you read the Seller's comments? Must be his first time seeing a TJ .

genevamotorcars (The Seller) 311

@jillespie740. The frame is in great condition. Inside and towards the rear is very good shape. One of the cleanest I have seen on TJ/LJ!

Can't be black (I refuse to ever own a black vehicle again, haha), and I refuse to play the game those nut jobs to on BaT. That site is full of idiots who are willing to overpay for anything just because of the "nostalgia" factor, haha.

Plus, the cash I have in my bank right now is for the deposit on the new house ;)

Yeah, BaT has gone way downhill over the past year. It is turning into a hybrid of Autotrader and Ebay, now that there are so many dealers putting cars on the site with reserves that are unreasonable, so you will pay a dealer's price if you want the car.

There are a couple good finds out there, but now that there are so many dealers it's just not worth it, but I do enjoy looking at all the random vehicles...

Yeah, BaT has gone way downhill over the past year. It is turning into a hybrid of Autotrader and Ebay, now that there are so many dealers putting cars on the site with reserves that are unreasonable, so you will pay a dealer's price if you want the car.

There are a couple good finds out there, but now that there are so many dealers it's just not worth it, but I do enjoy looking at all the random vehicles...

I sometimes look for fun, but my experience with the site now is that it doesn't matter what you list on there, people will pay more simply because it's BaT. People on there are bidding based on nostalgia, and because of that they are willing to pay copious amounts of money for vehicles that IMHO simply aren't worth those prices.

I sometimes look for fun, but my experience with the site now is that it doesn't matter what you list on there, people will pay more simply because it's BaT. People on there are bidding based on nostalgia, and because of that they are willing to pay copious amounts of money for vehicles that IMHO simply aren't worth those prices.

Like a low mileage Buick GNX was bid up to $150,000 and it was reserve not met. WTF are people thinking, I get people may like it, but in reality that car would not make my top 1,000 list of cars I would want to drive. I cannot rationalize this at all...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-buick-gnx-13/

Like a low mileage Buick GNX was bid up to $150,000 and it was reserve not met. WTF are people thinking, I get people may like it, but in reality that car would not make my top 1,000 list of cars I would want to drive. I cannot rationalize this at all...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-buick-gnx-13/

That's what I'm saying. I get that some of these cars are cool from a nostalgic standpoint, but why on earth would you pay 150k for a Buick GNX? It seems that site has become one for collectors, almost like the big name auctions.

I guess if you have room to park these cars and sit on them forever, maybe they'll turn into big investments at some point. However, I think if you're buying cars for investments, there are much better ways to invest your money than buying and storing cars.

That's what I'm saying. I get that some of these cars are cool from a nostalgic standpoint, but why on earth would you pay 150k for a Buick GNX? It seems that site has become one for collectors, almost like the big name auctions.

I guess if you have room to park these cars and sit on them forever, maybe they'll turn into big investments at some point. However, I think if you're buying cars for investments, there are much better ways to invest your money than buying and storing cars.

110% agree - mainly because ICE cars are going away and I don't these cars will get more expensive by 2040, I think they will be obsolete dinosaurs with no gas available. So I guess if you have a bunch of cash, free space and have no idea what to do with it, go by a Buick for $200k....haha

110% agree - mainly because ICE cars are going away and I don't these cars will get more expensive by 2040, I think they will be obsolete dinosaurs with no gas available. So I guess if you have a bunch of cash, free space and have no idea what to do with it, go by a Buick for $200k....haha

That's my thought as well.

I think there will always be museum piece cars (i.e. an original Shelby GT500), but at some point you won't even be able to drive them, and I'm not sure I see them going up in value anymore than they already have.

But a Buick for 200k? You've got to be kidding me :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: skrelnik
Status
Not open for further replies.