A True Gem Original Owner 2004 TJ Wrangler X From So. Cal With 9,901 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful with cars in Los Angeles. There is a rash of odometer theft going on. Just make sure you run a carfax. It will show if the odometer matches correctly.

There is also no plate visible. Another telltale sign. Not saying this is one. Just cover your *ss.

Looking for my sons car last year. About 6 or 7 out of 10, in Los Angeles, had incorrect odometers. Or would never show a plate. Or never give you one so you could run a carfax. Or just wouldn't respond. Even when you sent an email 5 minutes after posting asking for a carfax or a plate so you could run one yourself.

I also notice that the door sticker is not clear enough to read. Isn't the vin listed there?

Photos are terrible.

Couldn’t agree more.

If this is truly a sub-10K mile TJ (maybe it is and maybe it isn’t) why not spend $500 on a full detail to reveal all its luster and innocence???

What’s interesting is that the TJ appears to still have the original Goodyear Wrangler GS-A tires on it and all the decals in the engine bay appear intact and present. These are indicators that its legit but definitely not a guarantee.

Couldn’t agree more.

If this is truly a sub-10K mile TJ (maybe it is and maybe it isn’t) why not spend $500 on a full detail to reveal all its luster and innocence???

What’s interesting is that the TJ appears to still have the original Goodyear Wrangler GS-A tires on it and all the decals in the engine bay appear intact and present. These are indicators that its legit but definitely not a guarantee.

I'm telling you. The off center pics so the license plates don't show is more telling than anything here. You can't eve see the entire car.

If your selling a pristine Jeep with less than 10k. You're showing the entire vehicle off. And if your that worried about plates? You're putting a rag over them. Or spending 60 seconds obscuring them with your pic editor.

And you can't find anyone from their plates in California. We were the first state to outlaw dmv info being available to the public.

I wouldn't even bothing calling this guy.

There's a swap meet in East LA where you can buy anything. Guys are standing at the entrance selling drivers licenses and social security cards. I'm sure you can take your car there, or find out where you can take your car, and have the odometer turned back. Of all the cars we ran that came back with odometer theft. They were all from Central to South Los Angeles. From Downtown to Long Beach. At one point I stopped looking in LA. And we would only consider cars outside of the area.

I spent more than a couple hundred running carfaxs on various cars. That clearly did not match their actual mileage. Some had even been taken to one of the many repair places that report to dmv or these information entities. Had their new mileage reported. And you can see its been red flagged as odometer theft.

Not to mention it only takes a few screws to replace a guage unit in a TJ. With one from a Junkyard with less miles. And there are 25 million people in the LA basin. And hundreds of junkyards.

These guys prey on people that don't know to do a carfax. That just show up. Take the car for a ride. And do a deal on the spot. I can't imagine how many people they take advantage of. There are ALOT of cars like this right now. But law enforcement is to overtaxed here to deal with such a low level crime. Like alot of the crime here.

It's a HUGE hassle to fix this too. If you buy a car whos mileage doesn't match.

Reactions: psrivats
Status
Not open for further replies.