mushdogs

Removing warning labels would solve problems.
Supporting Member
Windy today, says I.
How windy? asks you.
So windy, says I, I had to tack the Jeep just to beat to windward! 😂

Arghh! Stand by to come about! Helm's a-lee! Haul braces and back the jib...

And then you get hit with the back wash from the odd truck.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Oh, aye!
And if I hadn’t just changed out the timing chain and done a tune-up, I would have had to wear her about, not tack. Never would’ve crossed the eye of the wind!

Reactions: StG58
Ever been to Wyoming? 65 mph is a breeze. We once had a day where they said it was equivalent to a category 3 hurricane (110+ mph).

• Wow
Reactions: Chris
Ever been to Wyoming? 65 mph is a breeze. We once had a day where they said it was equivalent to a category 3 hurricane (110+ mph).

I remember heading through Cheyenne / Laramie on 80 in my Dad's JKU a few years back. I got hit with a gust of wind so hard that it literally blew the Jeep from the right lane halfway onto the left shoulder. They shut the road down a few minutes after I got into Cheyenne. Wyoming wind is no joke.

I remember heading through Cheyenne / Laramie on 80 in my Dad's JKU a few years back. I got hit with a gust of wind so hard that it literally blew the Jeep from the right lane halfway onto the left shoulder. They shut the road down a few minutes after I got into Cheyenne. Wyoming wind is no joke.

That stretch is horrible. Its not uncommon to see multiple 18-wheelers on their side. I pulled a snowmobile and trailer on that hwy and I think I used half a tank of gas, my truck just couldnt keep up with traffic and fight the wind.

That stretch is horrible. Its not uncommon to see multiple 18-wheelers on their side. I pulled a snowmobile and trailer on that hwy and I think I used half a tank of gas, my truck just couldnt keep up with traffic and fight the wind.

I used to play Hockey down in Cheyenne and we would always worry about getting back to Jackson. The two routes were usually over to Rock Springs on 80 and turn north or head up I-25 to Chugwater / Douglas / Casper. I got stuck in Chugwater for most of a Friday night due to multiple 18 wheelers on their side. Not exactly the most hoppin place to be...

Driving on narrow single lane, each way highways in the middle of nowhere is always interesting with a soft top when you drive past an 18-wheeler going the opposite direction. I swear, it always blows me to the right a few inches.