About me

DETOUR

TJ Enthusiast
I used to be a diehard motorcyclist for 30 years,traveling Europe,Africa and a trans Canada trip.
-This all come to a sudden stop when a 4 legged Deere decided to jump on my lap while I was traveling at highway speed into the sunset back in July of 2010
-Fast forward , I found a similar camaraderie amongst the Jeep community since my 2 wheel "infection" was switched off immediately

Great to be with you folks

Keep up the wave
-olllllo-*

Reactions: TJ Starting and JMT
My first motorcycle was a Honda Z50 and my last was a Superhawk. I miss riding badly, but it isn't in the cards for me anymore.

Welcome to the site.

Reactions: DETOUR
I used to be a diehard motorcyclist for 30 years,traveling Europe,Africa and a trans Canada trip.
-This all come to a sudden stop when a 4 legged Deere decided to jump on my lap while I was traveling at highway speed into the sunset back in July of 2010
-Fast forward , I found a similar camaraderie amongst the Jeep community since my 2 wheel "infection" was switched off immediately

Great to be with you folks

Keep up the wave
-olllllo-*
My first motorcycle was a Honda Z50 and my last was a Superhawk. I miss riding badly, but it isn't in the cards for me anymore.

Welcome to the site.

Thx

I feel what you feel, started out when I was 13.5YO with a gas and go Cushman. Now 71YO with my at least 8th street bike, a Gold Wing. Thinking of selling it and hanging up the handle bars. Been lucky 58 years through the Triumphs, H-1 and H-2 tripple kawasakies, KZ-1000's. and a few gold wings.

My recent first Jeep is most likely going to be my replacement. I don't want to look like the old guy on Laugh In on the tricicle with my 830lb Honda at the stop sign. Ha Ha

I am kinda a newbie here also, but you will find it a wealth of information from a lot of really nice guys. Welcome from Oklahoma.

Reactions: DETOUR and JMT
My experience is a little less severe, but I rode my street bikes as a daily driver for 13 years. During these years, I moved to Arizona, and was here for 10 years, and one week in the summer it was 118 + for 7 days in a row and I just couldn't do it anymore. I needed something with air conditioning. I decided to buy a TJ since I always have been a jeep guy up till my bikes. Since I bought the TJ, I have probably ridden my R1 a handful of times.

I agree with your culture statement. Welcome to the forum.

Great to have you here! Glad you have found a solid replacement for motorcycle life. There’s nothing like a TJ on the road today. Topless, doorless, pure American fun! What do you have in mind with your rig?

Reactions: DETOUR and ac_
1) I Need to make time to finish my homemade tubedoor on the passenger side ( driver side turned out satisfactory by using 2" dia. electrical conduit tubing
2) 2019 is designated to do the 4BT Cummins - swap
3) centralize scattered switches on the dash
Ps:
Attached picture shows our son "in action " by handling our 3000 pound TIRFOR and snatch block with military surplus groundanker on one of our first "field trips " shortly after we purchased the LJ

IMG_2967.JPG

1) I Need to make time to finish my homemade tubedoor on the passenger side ( driver side turned out satisfactory by using 2" dia. electrical conduit tubing
2) 2019 is designated to do the 4BT Cummins - swap
3) centralize scattered switches on the dash
Ps:
Attached picture shows our son "in action " by handling our 3000 pound TIRFOR and snatch block with military surplus groundanker on one of our first "field trips " shortly after we purchased the LJ

View attachment 69775
Well 2019 is getting by fast
1) officially moved the whole family to Dawson Creek
2) transmission is ready to be picked up ( 4L60E modified with low stall torque and stand alone shift ECM to accommodate my “li’l brotha “ 4BT CUMMINS )
- received a box of goodies from Jeff Daniels with engine mounts , fuel tank and rad hose conversion parts
3) I put myself under the gun , since my original Intension was to have the CUMMINS-swap done in 2019 as a contribution to the 100 year CUMMINS celebration
4) live happens
and new parts for my “driver side “ ceramic hip joint are paid for also !!!
- The surgeon gave me an estimated 10 week window until the surgery
-In light of that ,priority shifted slightly,
Following my motto “ going the extra mile - it’s never crowded “ I’m doing my best to get the bulk of the CUMMINS - swap done before my surgery

Keep you posted

95B1A034-8F85-4EE8-9643-AE4E183EF5FC.jpeg

Dawson's Creek? Does James Van Der Beek live there? :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, that photo is awesome, and I wish you luck with the 4BT install and the hip replacement!

James doesn’t ring a bell yet, we’ve only been here 10 weeks now
- there’s some JEEPERS here alright lol

View attachment 112020
In the meantime I had a chance to chat with the owner of this oversized Willys,
It’s a widened / stretched Willys body , mounted on a Blazer or Bronco chassis

- one just has to wave at him, whether you want or not 😂

~•|||||•~👋🏿