About time... Hello from DFW!

TexasTJ2K

I think it's about time I introduced myself after posting and browsing for a little bit. My 2000 Sport 5spd is my first Jeep and was left to me when my great grandpa passed away, with about 94k on the clock. Since driving her back from California to Texas, and using her as my daily driver, she's hit 98k. I love her to death, and even though I have driven her hard a few times, I'm generally pretty easy on her.

Have i had to do some maintenance? Of course, it's a TJ lol. She keeps throwing codes but right now I'm getting a 5th cylinder misfire about 250/3000rpm's or something like that. It was way worse before I replaced the spark plugs and coil pack, when I had 2 cylinders misfiring. Oh well, other than that she's been great. Now what you have all been waiting for, pictures:
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_6303 (1).JPG
IMG_6473 (1).JPG
IMG_6488.JPG

I have some KC Daylighter off road lights that just came in the mail, waiting for my mounting plates to mount them on the A pillar. Also have a cool grille insert (no, not angry turd) that I need to get around to installing. Other than that, upcoming mods include 31inch tires, raised springs, and Rancho shocks.

What do yall think?

You're great grandpa drove a TJ? Wow, sounds like he must have been one cool dude!

Looks like you're putting it to good use, so clearly he left it in the right hands! You'll find that there are tons of other members on here from Texas, that's for sure.

Reactions: Nicholas
You're great grandpa drove a TJ? Wow, sounds like he must have been one cool dude!

Looks like you're putting it to good use, so clearly he left it in the right hands! You'll find that there are tons of other members on here from Texas, that's for sure.

Yeah he was one badass dude. Served in WW2 and Korea. The TJ was my great grandpas and grandmas "fun car", they both had other vehicles but they really loved the TJ. I'm glad he left it to me, I'm going to take very good care of her lol

Reactions: Chris
Yeah he was one badass dude. Served in WW2 and Korea. The TJ was my great grandpas and grandmas "fun car", they both had other vehicles but they really loved the TJ. I'm glad he left it to me, I'm going to take very good care of her lol

Good plan! Sounds like he left it in the right hands. You'll have a blast with it, though it looks like you already are!

Good plan! Sounds like he left it in the right hands. You'll have a blast with it, though it looks like you already are!
Yeah, it's very fun. I love driving stick too, it sets me apart from almost everyone else at my high school! :aplastao:

Yeah, it's very fun. I love driving stick too, it sets me apart from almost everyone else at my high school! :aplastao:

To have a Jeep Wrangler in high school alone is awesome!

But yeah, I hear you! When I was in high school I drove a stick as well. I don't think many other guys my age did.

Reactions: TexasTJ2K
To have a Jeep Wrangler in high school alone is awesome!

But yeah, I hear you! When I was in high school I drove a stick as well. I don't think many other guys my age did.

There's a surprising amount of Wranglers here. But a lot of them are mommy and daddy's stock JKs and JLs. There's about 3 TJs one LJ and one YJ, we all wave at each other.

There's a surprising amount of Wranglers here. But a lot of them are mommy and daddy's stock JKs and JLs. There's about 3 TJs one LJ and one YJ, we all wave at each other.

Yep, it's the same deal where I'm at as well. The majority of Wranglers are all JKUs or JLs, and the TJs / YJs are much more scarce.

I also refuse to accept a Wrangler with 4-doors. To me, it just isn't a Wrangler unless it has 2 doors.

I agree. It's a Cherokee with a Wrangler grill imo. Leave the cherokees for the 4 door soccer mom mobiles and the Jeeps for people who'll actually use them.

I agree. It's a Cherokee with a Wrangler grill imo. Leave the cherokees for the 4 door soccer mom mobiles and the Jeeps for people who'll actually use them.

I was talking with a woman recently and I asked her how she ended up with a JKU... she told me, "Well, it was either that or a Honda CR-V, and the Jeep looks a little better.".

I'm not even sure how someone who is car shopping ends up comparing a CR-V and a Jeep Wrangler... but, that proves what I already knew, that the 4-door models are basically just a cool looking SUV for the every day soccer moms and dads.

I was talking with a woman recently and I asked her how she ended up with a JKU... she told me, "Well, it was either that or a Honda CR-V, and the Jeep looks a little better.".

I'm not even sure how someone who is car shopping ends up comparing a CR-V and a Jeep Wrangler... but, that proves what I already knew, that the 4-door models are basically just a cool looking SUV for the every day soccer moms and dads.

What really sucks is the way they look at you when you wave at them. A very small portion of the 4 door crowd know what the wave is, the rest just look at you weird at best or disgusted/dumbfounded at worst.

What really sucks is the way they look at you when you wave at them. A very small portion of the 4 door crowd know what the wave is, the rest just look at you weird at best or disgusted/dumbfounded at worst.

Yep, that's because most of the people driving the 4-doors don't even really realize what a Jeep Wrangler is to begin with. They're just soccer moms and dads who wanted a cool looking SUV.

The 2-door Wranglers are usually the enthusiasts from what I've found. Rumor has it that at some point they may actually stop making the 2-door Wranglers altogether, since they don't many anymore.

Yep, that's because most of the people driving the 4-doors don't even really realize what a Jeep Wrangler is to begin with. They're just soccer moms and dads who wanted a cool looking SUV.

The 2-door Wranglers are usually the enthusiasts from what I've found. Rumor has it that at some point they may actually stop making the 2-door Wranglers altogether, since they don't many anymore.

They better not!