About to Bypass Neutral Safety Switch

They can't come prewired for both because the grounding for the starter relay is different between the two.....they all come wired the same down to the jumper harness. Maybe the guy you swapped with switched the jumper harnesses without you noticing. The FSM literally refers to the manual transmission jumper harness.

It was plug and play from the perspective that the applicable jumper harness plugs in and makes everything work.
I guess I was dreaming about how I personally did my conversion, there were NO (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) wiring harness changes. I didn't trade anything with anyone, I bought the 32RH by itself without any wiring harnesses. Sheesh!

It was plug and play, early TJs came pre-wired for both manual and automatic transmissions. I had to connect to the NSS/Reverse light switch but the connector was already present in the harness.

Weird. I didn’t find another plug in my harness for the auto. And the auto I have didn’t come with the jumper harness unfortunately.

I guess I was dreaming about how I personally did my conversion, there were NO (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) wiring harness changes. I didn't trade anything with anyone, I bought the 32RH by itself without any wiring harnesses. Sheesh!

This is what I wired to fit the nss switch from my manual jumper harness. Let’s hope this works! My ECU is coming back from being reprogrammed today so I will test it once it is delivered.

IMG_0161.jpeg

Weird. I didn’t find another plug in my harness for the auto. And the auto I have didn’t come with the jumper harness unfortunately.
Mine was tucked deeply into the wiring harness above the transmission. Perhaps they later discontinued it but the 32RH wiring/connectors were in all early TJs when they came with manual transmissions.

Reactions: Rickyd
Jerry's transmission must have came with the jumper harness on it which he plugged in place of the reverse jumper on the manual.

The connection for the jumper to the engine harness is C154. It's straight out of the FSM.

As already stated, the starter relay is grounded on manuals and is run to the NSS switch on automatics. Both plugs can simply not exist in the same harness and still function correctly.

1695934791022.png

1695934804250.png

1695934815468.png

1695934872266.png

1695934895305.png

Jerry's transmission must have came with the jumper harness on it which he plugged in place of the reverse jumper on the manual.

The connection for the jumper to the engine harness is C154. It's straight out of the FSM.

As already stated, the starter relay is grounded on manuals and is run to the NSS switch on automatics. Both plugs can simply not exist in the same harness and still function correctly.
Exactly how many AX-15 to 32RH conversions have YOU PERSONALLY completed onto a '97 TJ? There was NO ADDITIONAL JUMPER harness involved. The ONLY jumper involved was the PRE-EXISTING FACTORY jumper located above the driver's side footwell that is moved from one jack to another to bypass the clutch safety interlock.

Exactly how many AX-15 to 32RH conversions have YOU PERSONALLY completed onto a '97 TJ? There was NO ADDITIONAL JUMPER harness involved. The ONLY jumper involved was the PRE-EXISTING FACTORY jumper located above the driver's side footwell that is moved from one jack to another to bypass the clutch safety interlock.

You must have had a unicorn 97 that didn’t follow the FSM or use C154.

Jerry, is there any way you could send a picture of where the factory jumper came from? I’m thinking mine may be different because I have a 2000 that came with the nv3550 tranny.

Jerry, is there any way you could send a picture of where the factory jumper came from? I’m thinking mine may be different because I have a 2000 that came with the nv3550 tranny.
Your 2000's clutch interlock bypass is done differently than on my '97, newer TJs bypass it by inserting a fuse as I copied in my first reply to you out of the Owner's Manual. Early TJs did it by moving a cable connector.

Clutch Interlocking Ignition System
Manual transmission vehicles are equipped with a clutch
interlock safety feature. With this feature engaged, you
must depress the clutch pedal to allow cranking of the
engine. To temporarily bypass this safety feature while
off-road driving, which will allow cranking the engine
without depressing the clutch, follow these steps:
1. Locate the instrument panel fuseblock behind the
glove compartment.
2. Put a 20 Amp fuse (optional) in the fuseblock cavity
(f20) marked as Transmission.
NOTE: A fuse is provided in fuseblock cavity (f19)
marked as Spare.

As I asked you before... exactly how many AX-15 to 32RH conversions have you personally completed?

I don't need to do the swap to understand how it works. Check out this post from Blaine referencing the adapter harness I keep referring to (and that the FSM diagrams that I posted show).

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...for-automatic-how-expensive.10277/post-161303

the TCC connector is there on all Jeeps, tucked away. The NSS is not, you need the appropriate harness for it and it probably came already installed on your transmission.

I don't need to do the swap to understand how it works. Check out this post from Blaine referencing the adapter harness I keep referring to (and that the FSM diagrams that I posted show).

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...for-automatic-how-expensive.10277/post-161303

the TCC connector is there on all Jeeps, tucked away. The NSS is not, you need the appropriate harness for it and it probably came already installed on your transmission.
Stop being an asshole, there was no harness installed onto the bare unmodified transmission I installed. You obviously only THINK you know how it works since you haven't actually done the conversion yourself that I successfully completed.

• Sad
Reactions: DEValken
The jumper I was referring to is for the clutch safety interlock but I'm certain it's not applicable for your 2000.

This is it from the FSM...

Capture.JPG

So let me get this straight, you want to make our life difficult getting these shocks put in, custom rim widths ordered, 5 times as much work as it needs to be, non standard goddamn axle shafts, all so you can sneak by one little tiny rock knob on a trail you run once a year that you do the optional line on every other time? Is that what I am hearing?

Yes.

Well, fuck me.
I haven't seen this of course, but it sounds like 22 seconds with a sledge hammer would fix that problem permanently for everyone!